Protien supplements after ABS workout=Fat ?

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

surajvtec
STARTING OUT

Protien supplements after ABS workout=Fat ?

Post by surajvtec »

Hi guys,
I am new here and i have a query which has been in mind for quite some time.
Can i take Protien supplements after an AB workout? I have asked Gym trainer about this and he says go forward with it....but i think i might get a fat if i do so...Also,can i drink protein supplement after cardio? If yes then what will be the result?
Thanks.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Protien supplements after ABS workout=Fat ?

Post by Boss Man »

Just do it, it won't be a problem.

The Carbohydrate will help you recover blood sugar levels and Glycogen stores and the Protein, especially the BCAA content will help you recover any potential microtearing of the muscles during exercise, although obviously any such microtearing will be a lot less than it would be when compared to weightlifting.
surajvtec
STARTING OUT

Post by surajvtec »

Boss Man wrote:Just do it, it won't be a problem.

The Carbohydrate will help you recover blood sugar levels and Glycogen stores and the Protein, especially the BCAA content will help you recover any potential microtearing of the muscles during exercise, although obviously any such microtearing will be a lot less than it would be when compared to weightlifting.
Hi Bossman,
Thanks for your reply. I am new to body building, so please explain things in layman terms :)
I do cardio and ABS on monday,weight-lifting on tuesday and so on.So is it ok if i take protiens everyday? And i had heard somewhere "Having protiens after an ABS workout will lead to a fat " Is this true?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You've been hearing complete rubbish I'm afraid.

Protein after weitghts workouts, benefits you in terms of growth and or recovery.

You would only get a fat stomach, if your protein after an Abs workout, came in the form of Big Macs, or KFC Chicken, or other such foods and you ate considerably more calories than you burned.
surajvtec
STARTING OUT

Post by surajvtec »

Boss Man wrote:You've been hearing complete rubbish I'm afraid.

Protein after weitghts workouts, benefits you in terms of growth and or recovery.

You would only get a fat stomach, if your protein after an Abs workout, came in the form of Big Macs, or KFC Chicken, or other such foods and you ate considerably more calories than you burned.
Thanks a lot for the reply Bossman.
Just one last query: What is the benifit of having protiens after cardio. I just do 10 mins cycling and 10 mins on the treadmill.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Not a lot of benefits compared to having it after a weights workout, but if the protein powder or food sources comes with Carbs, I.E. Maltodextrin in protein powder, or chicken sandwiches, then the carbs will help recover muscle glycogen and bloodsugar.

Although, cardio will involve some kind of loadbearing and / or stretching of the muscles during the movements, the type of loadbearing and stretching, depends on the type, intensity and speed of the cardio, but any minor amounts of micortearing of the muscles, would be assisted recovery wise by protein.