Trying to get six pack plz help

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

hulsif
STARTING OUT

Trying to get six pack plz help

Post by hulsif »

I'm 16 and have been wanting to get a six pack, I guess you could say I have washboard abs, I can feel the muscles but there's a layer of fat almost covering them I want to get them toned, I weigh about 130 pounds and am pretty skinny, I want to get them more noticeable to where I dont really have to flex and they are not so squishy, stomach is one of the main places of fat on entire body it seems. Need recomendations on what I could do. Thanks
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Trying to get six pack plz help

Post by Boss Man »

What foods do you eat and what times do you eat them?
hulsif
STARTING OUT

Post by hulsif »

I eat whenever im hungry, and I eat anything.. Im guessing thats a big factor?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Yes it's a big factor, but you've described things in a way that doesn't explain too easily.

What sort of food choices do you make and what times do you make them? If you give me approximate eating times and the types of foods you eat I cna advise you better, as saying you eat everything is a bit vague.

Thanks.
hulsif
STARTING OUT

Post by hulsif »

Well, on a weekday basis I will get up and go to school and eat breakfast at school which could be either the nasty plastic wrapped Pillsbury ones or the waffles and french toast which is just like the pancakes, with a 4 ounce juice thing of orange juice and 3 graham crackers with chocolate milk. Then Lunch I might get Doritos, or just a normal lunch for whatever the school serves that day. I dont usually get extras. When I come home I might snack on whatever In the house seems appetizing but since there isn't much, it could be like ramen noodles, wheat bread with nuttella, or cereal like fruity pebbles, honey bunches of oats or lucky charms, and dinner is more on the healthy side like Chicken breasts with different types of rice and green beans or broccoli, potatoes, pork chops, vennesin, tacos, with water. I dont drink alot of water but I need to, the only water we have is tap and its really bad. But everything before dinner is what I eat almost everyday
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The dinners seem fine.

I'd try having breakfast at home instead. Easy options like beans on toast, cereal and eggs, low fat cheese on toast, ham, eggs and juice, chicken sandwich etc.

Try taking your own lunches instead if the school let you, like sandwiches, fruit, peanuts, nuts, yoghurt, carrot sticks, boiled eggs, celery sticks, etc. You can mix and match some of those ideas to make whole lunches, as obviously eating some celery or carrot for lunch isn't adequate, but you might find other ideas yourself, that you could incorporate into lunch choices.

Things like low fat cheese, nuts, peanuts, fruit and other things, can also be used as mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks as well.

Hopefully this stuff makes some sense, providing of course there are no school regulations getting in the way, like no packed lunches or that sort of thing.
shpedros

Post by shpedros »

Eating a healthy breakfast is vital to supply the fuel your body needs to start the day.
Eggs on toast, and a tub of yoghurt can be a good start.Then a banana around 30 minutes later, and youare fuelled up for a couple of hours.
If you eat the right foods, regularly, throughout the day, your metabolism will increase as well.
A healthy diet and regular exercise is the foundation that you can then build on, and target specific areas of your body you would like to build up
walterforbes
STARTING OUT

Post by walterforbes »

The most important factor is how good your diet is. I used to make a lot of workouts for abs, but I did not care about eating properly. I could do a lot of sit ups, leg rise etc. I changed diet a 1 months ago. I do not eat after 6 pm. I eat a lot of veggies and I rarely eat and drink things which are full of carbohydrate. I also take in more protein. Last month I lost 4 kgs and I see good results on midsection. Overall, doing exercises is important, but having proper diet is crucial.