How to get that perfect body or toned

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

kingjj25
STARTING OUT

How to get that perfect body or toned

Post by kingjj25 »

I wanna get toned up, I am tired of looking at body in its current state. What should I do. I have started to eat clean. I have not had junk food in a while. But I will be (hopefully) be able to hit the gym Monday to Friday before classes and work. So this what I look like. http://www.flickr.com/photos/77895579@N03/9520333280/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And what should I do to change that?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: How to get that perfect body or toned

Post by Boss Man »

This is the sort of thing a gym instructor might give you.

You'd do it 3x a week every other day.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Pull-ups, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

You could use the smallest dumbells you could get really on the shrugs, so around 2kg, (4.4lb), should do it and then the smallest barbell you can use on the big muscle groups, unless you did the lunges and / or squats with dumbells, then around 4-5kg, (8.8lb-11lb).

You would then increase the weight a bit every 2 weeks, to get your body used to it and then after around 4-6 weeks, start using more volume and much higher weight on things. You'd find your ability to significantly increase the weight after adaption, more easy on bigger muscle groups than smaller ones.

This might be one way of tackling what you want to do.
kingjj25
STARTING OUT

Re: How to get that perfect body or toned

Post by kingjj25 »

Thanks man! But idk if I can do it 3 times a week. I workout each area legs, back, arms, lower back and abs once a week or twice if I'm lucky. What would I do then?