How to get good abs if you have little time for workouts?

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

vamp
VETERAN

Re: How to get good abs if you have little time for workouts?

Post by vamp »

:oops: tehehe!
FatLoss_Warrior
STARTING OUT

Re: How to get good abs if you have little time for workouts

Post by FatLoss_Warrior »

Hey,

A lot of these guys have put in good info so I'll just add a little to what they're saying. Try High Intensive Interval Training workouts. They'll kick your butt so hard but the results will be well worth it, especially if you're trying to get that six pack popping.

An example would be 10 hill sprints.Sprint up a hill for 30 sec, walk down(rest) for 20 sec and repeat 10 times. You get a heck of a workout in less than 10 mins! This same routine also got me crazy lean in just 30 days.

There's also a free report you could get at 1trickweightloss.com that'll show you how to eat the foods you want and lose fat at the same time.

Have fun and enjoy your journey!
JaDiuS
STARTING OUT

Post by JaDiuS »

Hi Sal67!

If you can't find time to make it to the gym there are many types of exercises you can bring with you to your office. I'd suggest looking into resistance bands and the TRX. Another good thing to help you with the abs would be implementing some squats (even with no weights) into your day. Focus on breathing and control.

Make sure you get good full night sleep, preferably at consistent times as this will help to reduce stress and will get your body into fat burning mode. The fat site around your is associated with stress levels, and the extremely busy lifestyle that you live could cause this. Then just make sure you eat clean with and stay off the alcohol.

Best of luck!

Justin/JaDiuS
Twitter: @justangsheppard
traininghomeandaway
STARTING OUT

Post by traininghomeandaway »

Hello sal67

Maybe I am too late withe a comment butI would still like to add something. Like Alinshop said the it comes down to what you eat...
I actually wrote an eBook lately about the six pack abs...Well the thing is then that you have to lower your body fat and by the way you cant just lower your fat percentage. The thing is that you have to great a calorie deficite but that does not mean that you start to starve yourself...it just means that you consume less calories than your body needs for every day life. But you still have to eat: your body needs proteine, carbs but also fats so dont forget that.

About the exercises I would definitely recommend all around core exercises not just abs exercises...The thing is that you need a strong core muscles for everyday life and simple crunches just would not do.

So here is a list of some of the exercises I would recommend and the good thing is that you do not need a gym for them.
Different plank holds
High planks to low plank
Mountain climbers
Deadlift
Atomic push ups - thats with TRX that also JaDiuS mentioned...and I think for the core area TRX is awesome.
Pendulum with side crunch
Kettlebell swings
Well the list goes on and on. The thing is that there is a site where you can find all those exercises and many more with instructions but I am new here and I do not know if its ok to advertise site here.

Anyway if you have any questions then let me know

All the best and take care
JaDiuS
STARTING OUT

Post by JaDiuS »

An interesting book I just read is Jailhouse Strong. There is an entire section dedicated to working out without weights, as well as more typical lifting routines/techniques. Basically the author talked to inmates of prisons to learn how they keep themselves functionally strong and fit.

Heres the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Jailhouse-Strong- ... 1492755796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But its like trainingathomeandaway said, its all about eating! Eat clean every 3 hours or so. Don't just eat Breakfast/Lunch/Supper as your energy levels will suffer and your appetite will surely increase in between those meals, and that will make it more likely for you to snack on sugar filled junk(which will definitely make sure you can't get those abs). Precook meals for the day so its easy for you to stick to your plan!

JaDiuS
@justangsheppard on Twitter