Caloric intake; 6 pack wanted!

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

sjrodrigue86
STARTING OUT

Caloric intake; 6 pack wanted!

Post by sjrodrigue86 »

Hello,

I am a 27 year old . I got serious about changing life and body in January of 2011. I lost 40 pounds that year. starting weight was 209, and I got down to 169. I am currently 183. I am 5'11". I do a combination of cardio and weight training 5-6 days per week, but I don't have much of a plan. I try to mix it up and do whatever feels good for that particular day. I try to watch what I eat, but this can be difficult at times because of work schedule. I am not making an excuse. Just stating facts. I have tried several meal and supplement regimens, but always slacked off and never stuck with the program. The only thing that I have continued to do since I've lost weight was exercise. I need advice on dieting and caloric intake.

workouts consist of a combination of P90X, P90X3, weight training at the gym, and jogging/sprint workout at the local high school. I have been reading several posts and it appears that the administrators on this site are very passionate about helping people. Having said all this, main goal is to trim down and "tone up." I look forward to conversing with anyone who is willing to lend a helping hand. Thanks in advance for any advice. It is greatly appreciated.
sjrodrigue86
STARTING OUT

Re: Caloric intake; 6 pack wanted!

Post by sjrodrigue86 »

I will post a picture when I get home from work.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Hi SjR, good to talk to you.

What foods do you eat and what times do you eat those foods?
sjrodrigue86
STARTING OUT

Post by sjrodrigue86 »

I wake up at 3:40AM for work. I get to work around 4:50AM. Some days I'll have a bowl of Wheaties for breakfast with a cup of black coffee or a serving of Greek yogurt and a banana or pineapple. Some days I'll have 2 pieces of wheat toast with a cup of black coffee. Then, between 8:00AM and 9:00AM I'll have a morning snack that consists of a protein shake or protein bar. For lunch I'll have a peanut butter sandwich or chicken breast with vegetables. Sometimes coworkers and I will order out and I'll have a Subway sandwich or sushi. For 2:00PM or 3:00PM snack I'll have another protein shake or Greek yogurt. Dinner is where I typically fall short. I tend to eat poorly at night. This may include fast food or going out to eat with fiancée and not choosing the best items on the menu. I live in south Louisiana and seafood is in abundance. problem is that I tend to gravitate towards fried seafood instead of boiled, broiled, and grilled seafood. Then before bed I try to have a Casein protein shake.

Hope this helps! Thanks!
sjrodrigue86
STARTING OUT

Post by sjrodrigue86 »

http://s48.photobucket.com/user/sjrodri ... 4.jpg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

sjrodrigue86 wrote:I wake up at 3:40AM for work. I get to work around 4:50AM.

Some days I'll have a bowl of Wheaties for breakfast with a cup of black coffee or a serving of Greek yogurt and a banana or pineapple.

(That's fine)

Some days I'll have 2 pieces of wheat toast with a cup of black coffee.

(I'd add more protein in with that, like some eggs or some chicken, ham, turkey or beef from a packet)

Then, between 8:00AM and 9:00AM I'll have a morning snack that consists of a protein shake or protein bar.

(Fine)

For lunch I'll have a peanut butter sandwich or chicken breast with vegetables.

(I'd keep the latter option, so you're reducing your bread carbs)

Sometimes coworkers and I will order out and I'll have a Subway sandwich or sushi.

(I'd opt for the latter here as well)

For 2:00PM or 3:00PM snack I'll have another protein shake or Greek yogurt.

(Have both. You could make a half shake and mix it with yoghurt and see how that goes)

Dinner is where I typically fall short.

(That's where you will need to change things up or eat different things other than seafood, like meat based dishes, or vegetarian options.)

Then before bed I try to have a Casein protein shake.

(Fine)
sjrodrigue86
STARTING OUT

Post by sjrodrigue86 »

Thanks for the input. I noticed a workout plan that you are suggesting on other posts. Should I try this workout routine also?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You could do yes. I'm not sure if it's the one that's body weighted or gym based, but either should get you on your way.