A few questions

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

InxcN
STARTING OUT

A few questions

Post by InxcN »

Hello,

I am a 21 year old , 5'11 and around 163-165 pounds. In the past (approx 2-3 years ago) I lost around 50 pounds, but I didn't manage to get rid of the fat. most people tell me that I should not lose any more weight but instead bulk up, gain some muscle because I have no muscle mass right now and then cut down while others tell me to start cutting first. I'm in a dilemma.. I have no clue what to do.. I think I'm around 19% bf or maybe 15%.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: A few questions

Post by Boss Man »

Hi InxcN, good to talk to you.

Believe it or not you can do both up to a point, because gaining another 1lb of muscle burns an extra 45-50 calories, so you could actually combine bulking and cutting at the same time, but eventually this cross-fertilisation of the two things becomes harder, that's why 200lb guys with 10% fat use gear, but 200lb guys with 20% fat may not do.

Certainly though bulk would be the way to go for now.
InxcN
STARTING OUT

Post by InxcN »

Thanks for your quick response! :)

I'd like to ask if you can give me directions on how to create own diet plan I always find it quite hard to create own. Are there any bulk diets on this website that I could follow? Also, are there any workout routines that I should follow to get to goals faster?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

This kind of system might work for you. It's something I've posted before.

Breakfast

Option 1.

Bowl of Whole-grain Cereal and 1 rasher of Bacon, fat trimmed off and scrambled Eggs, (2 Egg Whites + Yolk)

Option 2.

Protein shake, small portion of Nuts, (excluding higher carb ones like Cashews, Chestnuts and Grapenuts), + Apple. Give the Apple 10-15 minutes to digest to improve digestion.

Snack

Option 1.

Portion of Turkey + Orange

Option 2.

Small Portion of Peanuts, some Chicken + Raw Carrott.

Lunch

Option 1.

Large Beef Sandwich with trimmings, I.E. Tomato, Lettuce, Cucumber etc.

Option 2.

Bowl of Chicken Soup, + Pot of yoghurt.

Snack

Option 1.

Turkey + Cashews

Option 2.

Ham + 2 large Tomatos

Dinner

Option 1.

Pork with mashed Potato.

Option 2.

Chicken and Rice

Option 3.

100g Halibut + Broccoli

Snack

Option 1.

Beans on Toast

Option 2.

Ham Sandwich, no trimmings.

Easy on the bread with both options.

You could add a few things to certain meals, like Sea Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, Parsley, Mustard, Herbs, Garlic.

As for the training you could do a schedule something like this, which is all bodyweighted.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Good Mornings, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Vertical Flyes, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

You would do that 3x a week every other day.

In relation to what to use, go for the second smallest barbell on the squats and deadlifts and the smallest on bent over rows.

Use the second smallest dumbbells on bench press and lunges and the smallest ones on shrugs.

Then every 2 weeks increase the weight a little bit and then after around 6 weeks, you'll be ready to lift close to max lifting for reps, bearing in mind you don't need to do failure training, as it's not necessary and wastes more energy.

This is how your schedule could look per week

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Cardio

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Cardio

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off.

This prevents you doing 5 days straight and 2 days of nothing, as I think that's allowing too much consecutive taxation and 2 days of your body doing nothing, slowly starting to adjust to it, before 5 days of grind again, which might take the edge off progress potential, so the 5 split days should be better for you.
InxcN
STARTING OUT

Post by InxcN »

Thanks! Can you please tell me the macros and calories of this diet plan? I don't know.. but it seems too much for a beginning.. I don't know if i can eat that much lol
chempe
STARTING OUT

Post by chempe »

Lift heavy. Eat a ton of healthy food.
clairelv
STARTING OUT

Post by clairelv »

yes ,i agree with what other people said .you are not fat anymore . need to do more exercise