Shaping body after weight loss

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ninaclaire
STARTING OUT

Shaping body after weight loss

Post by ninaclaire »

Hi everyone,

Just to give you some background information, I'm 20 years old, height 5'5 and weight 50kg/110lb. I have a naturally fast metabolism and quite an athletic body, although I've never really done anything to build/shape body. I started training/working out in June 2013 in order to lose weight I had gained, and lost 6-7kgs to get me to current weight. Naturally I have skinny legs and a small butt - when I put on weight, it hits stomach first.

Now that I'm at ideal/optimum weight and very happy with size, I'd like to shape body more - I'm avoiding cardio because I do not want to LOSE any more weight, otherwise legs will disappear, haha. I also do not want to look muscular - I much prefer the lean look on myself rather than ultra-toned muscle. I guess the only place that I don't mind definition is abs.

What I want and I'm wondering if this is possible - is to work legs and butt, increase butt size (haha!) and I don't mind thickening legs up a little, WITHOUT looking too muscular and manly? Is this possible, and if it is, what kind of exercises should I be doing, with what weight and how often? Also what should food intake be since I'm adamant on NOT wanting to lose any more weight/fat.. Once again, if I could literally inject fat into legs and butt I would, but that's obviously not going to happen, so I guess I need to work on muscle to get them to the shape I desire... any help? THANKS!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Shaping body after weight loss

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Nina, good to talk to you.

Actually most females with muscle don't look manly even some of the steroid shooting heavy lifters :tongue:.

The diet would be the one thing to look at, as I I think you could make changes, seeing as you're lifting weights, as you can capitalise on the weight lifting with diet.

What times do you eat and what foods do you eat at those times?