help with weight loss plan

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

amjwhcwd
STARTING OUT

help with weight loss plan

Post by amjwhcwd »

Hi. I am new here and have been reading alot trying to learn. I am a 34 year old stay at home mom of 2. I have always struggled with weight and tried different diets off and on. I would like some help figuring out an eating plan and workout plan. I currently weigh 235 pounds and am very out of shape. I try to walk twice a week, usually 2-3 miles. I would not be able to go to a gym, but I do have an ab lounger and the jillian michaels bodyshop machine. I also have small hand weights.
I eat a lot of processed foods and know that needs to change. I am just not really sure of how to go about changing it and what to change it to. I do only drink water. Also just as some background, highest weight was 270 about 4 years ago. I have been trying to eat less(smaller portions) for the last 4 months and have lost about 10 pounds. I am tired of being tired and overweight and I just don't know how to start. I would love any help and advice you can give.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: help with weight loss plan

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Amj it's good to speak with you.

This diet plan should be okay for you, as it's based on one I've posted before.

Breakfast

Option 1.

Bowl of Whole-grain Cereal and scrambled Eggs, (2 Egg Whites + Yolk)

Option 2.

1/2 Protein shake, small portion of Nuts, (excluding higher carb ones like Cashews, Chestnuts and Grapenuts), + Apple. Give the Apple 10-15 minutes to digest to improve digestion.

Snack

Option 1.

Portion of Turkey + Orange

Option 2.

Small Portion of Peanuts, some Chicken + Raw Carrott.

Lunch

Option 1.

Large Beef Sandwich with trimmings, I.E. Tomato, Lettuce, Cucumber etc.

Option 2.

Bowl of Chicken Soup, + Pot of yoghurt.

Snack

Option 1.

Turkey + Cashews

Option 2.

Ham + 2 large Tomatos

Dinner

Option 1.

Pork with mashed Potato.

Option 2.

Chicken and Rice

Option 3.

100g Halibut + Broccoli

Snack

Option 1.

Beans on Toast

Option 2.

Ham Sandwich, no trimmings.

Easy on the bread with both options.

You could add a few things to certain meals, like Sea Salt, Cracked Black Pepper. Parsley, Mustard, Herbs, Garlic.

As for the machine, I assume this is the one you have got.

In which case, what sort of things are you able to do on it?
amjwhcwd
STARTING OUT

Post by amjwhcwd »

Thank you. I think that most of the diet plans looks easily doable for me. I should add that I am allergic to peanuts, and don't eat many nuts of any kind because of that. I also only use silk almond milk. Is it ok to exchange things in and out of the diet, like oatmeal instead of cereal, and change out fruits?

Yes, that is the machine. It does a lot. The panel at the bottom is used to push off of. So it does things similar to squats, I guess. You can use your arms to pull upward in different ways. It can be set at different angles and uses your body weight as resistance.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Yes, you can make one or two amendments to the plan, as obviously I don't want you to feel forced to eat one or two things you simply don't like as that's counterproductive.

As for the hand weights what sort of weight are they and how many pairs have you got?
amjwhcwd
STARTING OUT

Post by amjwhcwd »

The weights are just small. I have four 1 lb, one 3 lb, and three 5 lb.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

That's a strange assortment especially as some of them are odd numbers, but yes something can be done to set up a program.

I'll try best to work something here for you and I think you'll benefit from doing this routine 3x a week on alternate days, so I feel therefore working your whole body each time would be the way to go as opposed to doing some kind of split system, with a lot of volume on 2-3 muscle groups per session with different muscles worked in each of the 3 sessions.

This might work for you, using the body shop machine.

2 x 10 reps leg press.

2 x 10 reps, 5lb dumbbell good mornings.

2 x 10 reps one armed crossovers, 10 reps per arm, so 40 reps in total split over 2 sets.

2 x 10 reps cable rows

2 x 10 reps shoulder press

30 seconds planks

This would work for you 3 x a week as I said, but I don't really know how that machine will benefit you, as I had to watch a video to ascertain it's functions and the person it look trim with a half decent core, but she didn't have the look of a female pole vaulter or a sprinter and I think that sort of olympic track and field type strength could be your goal, so you might find eventually the machine represents a stagnation in progress, as many such machines often do, they are good for a lot of people to get started with and make some progress but they limit someones potential.

If you were willing to spend some more money now or in the future, I could recommend some decent additional stuff, that would set you up for more long term progression, beyond the point where the machine would start to represent stagnation, but hopefully this routine I've given you will work.

The main thing is to keep believing in yourself and to be proud of yourself. I'm proud of you and I wish you GOOD LUCK and if you need anything else please don't hesitate to ask us and please do keep us informed of how you get on as we really like to hear how people progress.
amjwhcwd
STARTING OUT

Post by amjwhcwd »

Thank you so much. I bought groceries today, so I am trying to go ahead and come up with meals for several days using what you recommended.
I'm not sure what all of those exercises are, so I will have to look them up. So I should do the 3xs a week on different days than I walk? And continue walking?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You can incorporate the walking into the schedule, so the schedule would look something like this.

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Walk

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Walk

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off.

The couple of off days will help with recovery.
amjwhcwd
STARTING OUT

Post by amjwhcwd »

I just wanted to check in here. I am down to 228 pounds. I have had some problems this week, though. And I welcome any thoughts. A few nights ago I thought I might be having a heart attack, we have now decided it was more than likely an anxiety attack( I have continued to feel major anxiety the rest of the week.) Part of family thinks it is because of the drastic change in diet. I would love to know if anyone else has ever had something like this happen with diet changes.

As far as the exercise goes, I am doing pretty good I think. Not quite as much as was recommended, but a lot more than I had been doing.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

If it had been a heart attack, a precursor could have been some kind of pain the left arm and feeling in the arm being affected.

If the feelings you got return at all, you would be wise to seek a medical consultation, but for now you shouldn't let something like this worry you too much and just keep focusing on you and your own well being :).

Overall it sounds like you're doing great, so keep it up and GOOD LUCK.
clairelv
STARTING OUT

Post by clairelv »

you can use the " low calories food recipe" .for me it is useful and easy to keep . actually there are many ways to lose weight the matter is you need to find a suitable one for yourself .