Muscular AND Girly?

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

OfficeGirl
STARTING OUT

Muscular AND Girly?

Post by OfficeGirl »

Hi folks, I hope I don't ramble as I try to word what I'm talking about, but I might, so I appoligize. It seems like the more muscular a girl gets, the less feminine she behaves/moves. I'm struggling with this. It feels like getting in shape has changed how I walk. I know posture is better, but I feel a less dainty stride when I walk. I see some female trainers who are obviously muscular, yet still feminine and look great all the time. Is that unrealiastic? I wear make up and hair, I just don't feel as girly as some other girls I see around. What are your thoughts?
Alinshop
REGULAR

Re: Muscular AND Girly?

Post by Alinshop »

Hello.

You sound a lot like wife who is muscular and struggles with the same thing. She gets a lot of stares when she is in shape, and sometimes this makes her a bit paranoid. If it makes you feel any better, I will tell you what I tell her, most people are admiring your physiques. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'll politely decline the apology as I would feel rude accepting an unnecessary apology from a
Lady :).

As for what you said, you are getting stronger and fitter and I am convinced more beautiful as well.

Strong can be feminine, but healthy is also a primary positive, not a minor positive from what you're doing, so you should feel very proud of yourself for continuing ot push yourself and believe in yourself.

I'm proud of you and I want to say WELL DONE, because I don't want you to feel negatively in any way for what you're doing, but to feel positively and feel beautiful, worthy and Ladylike, because I think you should :thumb:.

I will understand if you wish to decline this next suggestion, but would you be willing to post a picture to give us an increased perspective on what you are eluding to.

Obviously if you can't or don't feel 100% comfortable about doing so, then that's okay, because it isn't highly significant to this discussion, in terms of helping others to relate to the context of your query.

Femininity is not a magazine image, it's a state of mind. The viewer either has the ability to recognise it in terms of body shape or they don't. Your body is no doubt undergoing a healthy, beautiful and artistic transformation and that is important in regards to the rest of your life and I'm sure you do look feminine and I'm not going to make out as if you're getting all hormonal and patronise you, because your concerns are valid and it is human to question how you change when you're altering your body composition and shape and it is normal and understandable to do it, because you want to feel good about your change and feel accepting of it and who wouldn't?

I'm sure you look great, but your perception of you is unique and I won't try ot imply that you're wrong or deluded, but sometimes some people are a little harsh on themselves and I know you're not striving to look like a size zero, so you're not being ultra critical of yourself on the basis of being desperate to achieve the unachievable or near unachievable, you're just wanting to understand your transformation a bit more and that's okay :).

I personally want you to keep on pushing, be strong and be proud of yourself for everything. You've proven to me before that you're a true Lady and a real and genuinely warm hearted person and I think you're pretty awesome and I'll support your efforts 10,000,000%.

:thumb: :thumb:
OfficeGirl
STARTING OUT

Post by OfficeGirl »

Thanks, guys. I'm sure I am just being paranoid. I don't feel like anyone's staring, or if they are, I didn't notice. This is all mental for me. It's something I've always struggled with, in shape or not. I'm tall with a solid frame. I've never been big, but I'm certainly not the willowy model type either. Even in shape, I don't see myself getting below a size 8/10 because I would look sick if I got that small. Maybe I just need to buy a few more skirts and dress more feminine or something.
I think the main thing is that I've been in Mommy mode for 2 1/2 years. I love son, but it was definitely time to do this for myself. Now it's an issue of recognising the girl in the mirror as a separate entity from the baby. I hope I get used to it soon. The transition has been awesome so far, but also uncomfortable as I try to get where I'm going. I don't have to be frumpy because I'm a mom, and I'm not ridiculous for trying to look/feel/be better. Life can be so weird sometimes! I'm not terribly tech savvy, so let me see if I can get a pic posted for you
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It's your right to be fit, healthy and strong if you want to be and I know you'll be a lot better off for it physically :).

Any pictures you would like to post we will be more than happy to give you an unbiased, objective opinion on them.
FitandLeila816
STARTING OUT

Post by FitandLeila816 »

I don't think there seems to be any problem with that, if you have it, flaunt it!
@Alinshop- I could be one of those people who admire women who have toned physique!