Womens only Gym---Not curves

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Princesscop1361
STARTING OUT

Womens only Gym---Not curves

Post by Princesscop1361 »

I have a question you ya'll. I will be moving to the Gulfport MS area and want to open a womens only gym, with selectorized curicut equipment. I was wondering if anyone is currently a member in this type of gym or what they would like to see in a gym. I know what I like but I only like to lift and have been for years. I would like to hear from you. I was also wondering what type of cardo classes are popular.

I've decided to hang up gun and badge and try something else. :roll:
nsbmsk
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by nsbmsk »

Hi, are you talking about a gym using machines that are hydraulic? Like the ones in Curves? If you are, I used to be a member at Curves. In six months I lost a total of 18.5 inches all over and only 8 lbs. I thought it was great!

Shortly after I was involved in a MVA and suffered pretty severe whiplash and damaged knees. After three months I got that ok from the doc to go back to Curves and found out that it just made situation worse. I ended going back to rehab after just four weeks at Curves.

In short, hydraulics are great if you are a beginner to working out or you want to maintain your current weight. But If anyone has any type of permanent injury I wouldn't suggest it.
Princesscop1361
STARTING OUT

Post by Princesscop1361 »

No-- The equipment is the weight stacks.
nsbmsk
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by nsbmsk »

I really enjoyed working out at a gym with weight stacks. Although after about two months I moved on to free weights as I found the machines assisted too much.

favourite piece of equipment was the leg press. For cardio it was the rowing machine, really gets the heart rate up! and it's fun
Joesportstalk
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Joesportstalk »

I know this is not the question you asked for since you live in Mississipppi.

However just for others to know .

In Las vegas there is a gym chain called " LAS VEGAS ATHALETIC CLUB" it has a womens only section in all of its gym locations as well.