how can i lose fat cheeks and double chin?

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

aangelacho
STARTING OUT

how can i lose fat cheeks and double chin?

Post by aangelacho »

ive tried to do ellypticals for around 30 to 60 minutes but i won't lose weight on FAT FACE..its so embarrasing to take pictures because of extra fat on face..especially 500 chin! how can i lose the weight in a fast way? i really want to be able to take confident pictures and walk around confident! help!
sassygirl
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by sassygirl »

the body stores fat in different places on everyone. I dont think there is any natural way to loose weight anywhere fast.....it all takes time..and persistance

A lot of it has to do with diet. Plain and simple you have to use more energy than you take in. Read through some of the other nutrition posts if diet is an issue for you. There is a wealth of info here.

Maybe try changing your workout routine. Cardio is great yes. But maybe put some strength training in there too. oh and sprints...how could I forget. just started doing these and wow...sprints are great!

I dont know of any spot training that has worked at taking off weight.

Dont give up...it will come just remember consistancy pays off!
Best of luck to tou
Last edited by sassygirl on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Spot reduction is quite hard, but might try drinking more water and seeing if that helps a bit.

Other that just good old patience and time probably.
SarahPT
REGULAR

Post by SarahPT »

Number one, don't lose fat in a fast way. It's not good for the body and it is much more likely to come back.

You cannot target fat loss on your face. A healthy eating and exercise plan willhelp you to lose fat everywhere. try to be patient with your body.[/quote]
eyesofblue
STARTING OUT

:(

Post by eyesofblue »

I feel for you, as i know since ive reached over 200 lbs i have a double chin and it sure is frustrating when i start working out and expect for it to just disappear lol ;) but im sure over time it will go away, just as it appeared ;)!

I know that getting a new haircut, that frames your face well, as well as dressing in clothes that flatter your shape can help you feel better about yourself...

also when i look it the mirror i try to focus on nice smile or eyes , as i cant change chin overnight, and neither can you :)
eyesofblue
STARTING OUT

tip for pics

Post by eyesofblue »

a good tip for pictures: i do it all the time ;)

try not to be the one closest to the camera (aka everyone looks bigger that way!) and stick out you face slighty, and you chin, and you chin looks slimmer that way :)

try it in the mirror a few times and you'll see what i mean and try different ways to see how you look your best...

also good posture helps, as does sticking out your chest and sucking in a bit :) hehe
carrie11
STARTING OUT

Post by carrie11 »

perhaps you can try regulating your caloric intake, and it's really important to drink lots of h2O, :D
shaunna
STARTING OUT

Post by shaunna »

Im about rerady to take your fat cheeks, if you will take love handle that dont wanna leave me! LOL
NicoleDiana
STARTING OUT

Post by NicoleDiana »

It is so odd how bodies burn off fat differently. The only place I have had a noticed loss since changing eating habits is in face.

I'll be the one walking around with a skinny face and a fat body.

:lol:
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

If I may ladies, add to this.....

Diet and cardio.

lots of H2O

cardio-check your target heart rate for exercise and start exercising in the upper range of that for your cardio. Also, you're body will adapt to using only 1 type of excercise so change it up.

Elyptical
Cycling (spinning)
rowing
swimming
jogging
skipping
stepping

The more you confuse your body on what's expected of it the more you will see results.

More muscle will burn more fat so perhaps a circuit style workout on the weight machines where you keep your heart rate up. Remember, women have more estrogen than testosterone (this builds muscles bigger) so to get big muscles will take you lots of suppliments and drugs and years so don't be afraid of weights!

Interval training is another option to change things around a bit for your cardio as well.

Don't be discouraged, we all are working towards goals, somedays are just better than others and baby steps lead to bigger steps. Keep up the good work!
rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: how can i lose fat cheeks and double chin?

Post by rohanjain »

You can try chewing gum to reduce cheeks fat.Also try some exercises.Water is good for health.So,drink plenty of water.Do not eat oily food.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

rohanjain wrote:Also try some exercises.
what kind of exercises would you recommend out of interest?
Sofi26
STARTING OUT

Post by Sofi26 »

I am also interested in this kind of "exercise" if someone can post a video :funny: