c-section- is it still possible to get a flat ??

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

I enjoy this community also & is a positive & enriching environment, filled with great people :) In entire life so far, I think the most valuable thing I've learnt is that dwelling in the negative, has dire consequences. For the last 2 yrs, I've strived to merely acknowledge disapointments or other situations, pick myself up, dust myself off & turn it into a positive.Not an easy feat for someone diagnosed with severe depression in early 20's, though positivity is a learned behaviour pattern & I'm glad it is now a tool well used in lifestyle, I've not had a truly dark day in 1.5 yrs, the fitness & diet & quitting smoking have enabled me to eliminate most medications & feel motivated enough to consider some type of career & be in society :) Umm yeah I was a recluse for years :shock: Everyday is now a day I'm thankful to wake to & live, thanks for your kind words boss man & for having this site, for people to share their experiences & help each other with their goals & hopes :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It's not site, just to clear that up :).
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

True enough u r a moderator, so thanks to those who thought of & run the site & to u for being around ;) Have a good day :)
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

Boss Man is the best :D
sandigirl06
HIGH FLYER

Post by sandigirl06 »

Bonnie, wow, that is a truly inspiring story of self help and is incredibly uplifting!! Anything is possible if you put your heart and soul into it. Congrats!!!!!! :D
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Sandi where the devil r u these days ? :)
roo2
STARTING OUT

Re: c-section- is it still possible to get a flat ??

Post by roo2 »

hi i have had 2 c sections and after the first one stomach healed fine and returned to normal, but when i had the second one they removed a section of skin, this resulted in bump along the top of the scare and a flat bit along the bottom so i can understand where you are coming from, i did loads of crunches but the nether really helped much ,so i tried lying leg raises and have had some improvment, these are quite difficult so take it easy and i find it easer to do them on a flat bench, hope this helps and good luck
sandigirl06
HIGH FLYER

Post by sandigirl06 »

Hey, Bonnie, I am still here kicking around. Winding up the last days of summer and getting kids ready for school.....yay!!! I viewed your latest pics and looking good, girl!!! We are forties and fabulous! :D Roo2, thank you for your advice. I would try anything to lose the last of the "poochie".
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Ohhh the kids, yeah is busy time indeed, ab work is benefical, but truly seems that the ab fat content is made in the kitchen, is no room for cheating & of course proper cardio & weights helps, can it be crunched off ?..no, is waste of time, though I've long way to flat myself, one day, I'll post before pics that look more like a candidate for repair by surgery, but week by week, it is burning off, little by little, is long winter ahead, lol...bikini season is officially over, in country anyway :D Did last tanning & outdoor swimming this week.Good to know u r ok girl, had me worried u had gone A wall :shock:
babyrn1974
STARTING OUT

Post by babyrn1974 »

San.... best friend had 2 csections and now has NO fat whatsoever! She is tight as can be! So yes, it is possible!! But, she is only 34 ....and runs A LOT!
sandigirl06
HIGH FLYER

Post by sandigirl06 »

Yayy, cuz (above) has joined me on ShapeFit!!! U will looove this place and the people in it! :) Go for it, girl!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well if she's related to you, she's welcome anytime. In fact all your family and relatives are welcome, including any Dogs, Cats and Stick Insects :wink:
PINKYB
STARTING OUT

Post by PINKYB »

Sandigirl06 I had a C section 15 and a half years ago when I had first child of 3 ( son). I have managed to go from a size 18 Australian to a size 8 and I have a fairly flat stomach with no skin hanging over it. I find that eating healthy, drinking lots of water ,doing sit ups on swiss ball and other exercises that use abdominals really help. I don't know if it's the same for everyone but that is experience hopefully this has helped regards Kylee. :D
sandigirl06
HIGH FLYER

Post by sandigirl06 »

Wow, Kaylee, u have a flat stomach after 3 kids??? Kudos to you, girl! Well, c-section was 16 years ago. They did a pretty good job but I have heard that stomach muscles are never the same after that. I've only had one child and you have had 3 so I am now optimistic that I can lose the lil pooch that just won't go away. I have really cleaned up diet and just started with a trainer who is kicking butt so wish me luck! Thank you for your reply! :D
PINKYB
STARTING OUT

Post by PINKYB »

You are very welcome I believe that if you want to do something in life you can as long as you are willing to put the hard yards in and don't give up. I've had many days when i have fallen down and thought is this really worth it but it is because it makes me a happier person so i pick myself back up and start again.
It's not easy to start with but it will get easier.
5 main priorities are in this order 1 Happiness, 2 nutrition, 3 exercise, 4 sleep/rest, 5 little stress and i enjoy it all.
Take care and i know you will succeed :wink: :D