Help me lose this fat

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

CrazyMoe
STARTING OUT

Help me lose this fat

Post by CrazyMoe »

Since i started gym 3 weeks ago (first time ever), I was a bit uncomfortable using the machines and all, but now I guess i got used to it and will continue :)

starting stats:
Height: 173 CM / 5"7
Weight: 73 KG / 160 lbs
Bf%: 12.5%

Now:
Height: 176 CM / 5"8 (No clue how this happened, just did)
Weight: 78 KG / 171 lbs
Bf%: 11.1%

Now after buffing up a bit, i'd like to get some more definition into body. I'd like to knw a Nut-Free diet with no protein shakes that I can use, since I'm allergic to nuts and mom and dad won't let me get protein shakes, that will help me get rid of some more fat + which exercise. For some reason I have fat in 2 areas of body only, near triceps and . Here are some photos to help u get a better look:
Image Image
Image Image

As you can see from the above pics these fats are kind of annoying since they're only stuck in one area and I'd like to get rid of them :( help plzz.

Current workout:
1- Biceps/chest/abs (Cardio)
2- Cardio
3- Triceps/back/abs (Cardio)
4- Cardio
5- Shoulders/Legs/Thighs/abs
6- Football Academy
7- Rest

-- note: I'm going for an athletic look, somewhat like Taylor Lautner's --
CrazyMoe
STARTING OUT

Re: Help me lose this fat

Post by CrazyMoe »

hahaha thnx les.
amatlack wrote:
CrazyMoe wrote:and mom and dad won't let me get protein shakes
Sorry I'm not the best one to give you advice...there are lots of folks here who will be able to help you out. :)

BUT in the meantime...I would like to ask...what's up with all the parents not letting kids get protein shakes? Seems weird. Quite a few people have said something similar. I wonder if parents are misinformed? What harm is a protein shake going to do to anyone? I can see maybe outlawing creatine or stuff like that, but just a whey shake? Strange.
for some reason, they think that protein shakes are like steroids >_>
mom says whatever the gym ppl use = BAD FOR U. some weird thing they have against gym trainers.
Razor
STARTING OUT

Post by Razor »

Judging by your workout schedule, I'd say you get more than enough cardio and plenty of weight lifting. only advice for these workouts is that you get in, hit the weights hard and get out. No need to lift for hours.

Seeing your pics and schedule together, I'd definitely say if you want to lose the extra fat to get a Taylor Lautner type look, it's definitely about diet. I don't have the time to lay one totally out for you, but this site has literally hundreds of posts with similar questions and good advice from the likes of Boss Man, Les and others. Look over the site a bit and you'll find more than enough info. BTW, what's your diet like now?
CrazyMoe
STARTING OUT

Post by CrazyMoe »

current diet is:
- breakfast: banana and milk everyday, and eggs on weekends.
- lunch: rice and chicken/meat/fish(rotation) and sometimes tuna sandwich with green peas.
- dinner: burgers/nuggets/steak (all are grilled xcept for nuggets) some boiled potatoes. On thursday or friday i go out with friends and eat fast food, cuz that's the only avg priced food available that i can afford, all the healthy stuff cost like 3x the price. The fast food i eat is usually a grilled chicken burger plain with cheese, fries, and water.

full calories income per day is around like: 2k or something (On thur/fri i cut down lunch and split it into 2 parts so i gain less amount of calories which balances out in the end having to eat junk food at night)
Also, for some reason I'm gaining shit load of muscle mass quickly and losing body fat slowly. At this point I'm a bit afraid cuz I don't want to be muscularly overweight, so I wanna see what can i do to speed up loss and get down to a certain percentage where body is clearly defined and start building up again from there IF i don't like where i am right now. I Weighed in yesterday again and i was at 80KG, I mean 7 KG / 15 lbs in 3 weeks is a lot. I went down by 1.4% on BF too.
Razor
STARTING OUT

Post by Razor »

How are you measuring BF %? I ask because if you gained 15 pounds in 3 weeks, the vast majority of that weight is either water or fat. It's simply impossible to gain anywhere near that much muscle that quickly (at least as far as I know -- others are free to chime in here). Given you say you're around 2k calories a day and with your workout schedule, it also seems unlikely you'd see such a weight swing in such a short period of time.

Can you post one typical days worth of what you eat with amounts of each item listed (be careful not to leave anything out)? That would give me at least a better idea of what could be going on here.
CrazyMoe
STARTING OUT

Post by CrazyMoe »

Razor wrote:How are you measuring BF %? I ask because if you gained 15 pounds in 3 weeks, the vast majority of that weight is either water or fat. It's simply impossible to gain anywhere near that much muscle that quickly (at least as far as I know -- others are free to chime in here). Given you say you're around 2k calories a day and with your workout schedule, it also seems unlikely you'd see such a weight swing in such a short period of time.

Can you post one typical days worth of what you eat with amounts of each item listed (be careful not to leave anything out)? That would give me at least a better idea of what could be going on here.
I have no idea, trainer at the gym has these things that he use to measure fat in different area then comes up with something. doctor once told me i believe that i had some weird distribution of muscles and fat in body, maybe that's the case here? well anyways.

I dunno how but heres some specifics about day (For example what i did today [this is similar to what i did the past few weeks):

5:30 AM: Wake-up
6:00 AM: breakfast ( Banana and 1 plastic cup of skim milk)
6:45 - 1:30 PM: School (Eat carrots and apples around 10:00 AM)
2:30 PM: Reach home
3:00 PM: Lunch (a small portion of rice with grilled chicken breasts)
5:00 PM: Gym (Ate a piece of bread right before leaving)
7:00 PM: Reach home and Shower
7:30 PM: Rest a bit (do some homework)
8:15 - 8:30 PM: Dinner (Grilled burger and green peas with like countably 10~15 french fries (other days i have no potatoes or boiled potatoes -- somewhat in rotation))
9:00-10:30 PM: Finish up homework/play games and then Sleep.
Approximately 7 hrs of sleep.

- I always check weight every monday morning and afternoon in the gym's scale :: bf% i check it every friday morning before going to the Academy at the gym -
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Calories are too low and some of the meal spacings are too big.
CrazyMoe wrote:
5:30 AM: Wake-up
6:00 AM: breakfast ( Banana and 1 plastic cup of skim milk)

(Add something else in here like Chicken, Turkey, Ham, or more Protein. Give the Banana time to digest so the other food doesn't impede it. 10-15 minutes should suffice, as most Fruit takes around 30 minutes to digest anyway.)

6:45 - 1:30 PM: School (Eat carrots and apples around 10:00 AM)]

(Again, eat more Protein here. You could have a smaller portion of Carrots and Apples, then get the Protein from things like Peanuts, or Low Fat Cheese for examples, as they have Carbs in, so you'd be adding the Carbs back, you removed from having a smaller portion of Carrots and / or Apples.

I'd have something packed to eat as you leave for home, like a Sandwhich of some kind. Usual possiblities, Chicken, Turkey, Ham, Beef etc)

2:30 PM: Reach home
3:00 PM: Lunch (a small portion of rice with grilled chicken breasts)

(Move that meal to 4:30PM. That way the gap between the 1:30PM meal and that one, isn't so small and the gap between the 8:15PM meal and that one isn't so big, then just have the piece of Bread as well. Otherwise the meal is fine.)

5:00 PM: Gym (Ate a piece of bread right before leaving)
7:00 PM: Reach home and Shower
7:30 PM: Rest a bit (do some homework)
8:15 - 8:30 PM: Dinner (Grilled burger and green peas with like countably 10~15 french fries (other days i have no potatoes or boiled potatoes -- somewhat in rotation))

(That's fine as an option)

9:00-10:30 PM: Finish up homework/play games and then Sleep.
Approximately 7 hrs of sleep.

- I always check weight every monday morning and afternoon in the gym's scale :: bf% i check it every friday morning before going to the Academy at the gym -

(Why bother with that? Weight will fluctuate according to ingested food, retained waste, and subcutaneous water levels mainly. You'd be better if you must weigh, doing it first thing in the morning after a toilet trip and doing it on the same day once a week, so you get a steady tangible reading. I think you're just weighing too much frankly and there's little to gain.

Most people who would do that in a sports related capacity, are probably people who need to have a specific weight target, for say something like competitive Boxing or martial arts, so they could constantly measure weight pre-fight / bout, to ensure they're losing and sweating enough to make the weigh in.)
CrazyMoe
STARTING OUT

Post by CrazyMoe »

I'm allergic to all of the nuts xcept for almonds, so I guess ill start eating almonds then.
Anyways, todays schedule is;
5;30 woke up
6:00 I had a banana and milk
6:45 reached school
10:15 I ate a chicken sandwich, school didn't have any turkey.
13;30 going to finish school
14:00 I'm having lunch with bro, most likely going to eat chicken breast with some peas.
15:00 going to reach home
17:00 grab a piece of bread and off to gym (shoulders/legs/thighs/abs)
19:00 finish gym and reach home *5 min walk from gym to house* then shower
20:00-20:30 going to have dinner - most likely 2 small shawarmas and some boiled potato.
22:00 going to sleep.
CrazyMoe
STARTING OUT

Post by CrazyMoe »

Damn this is so tough keeping up with all of this since i have a really tight and unstable schedule, LOADS of schoolwork to finish
jassy2003
STARTING OUT

Post by jassy2003 »

1. Commit to consuming 4 - 6 small meals and snacks everyday.

2. To succeed, you must plan ahead by packing your foods the night before. Thus, you should always have fresh and low-fat foods around.

3. Keep it simple. Don't get too caught up on the specifics or your diet. Start by simply just counting calories.

4. Eat your foods slower.

5. Make healthier food selections like fruits, vegetables, whole grain cereals, and beans, low-fat or nonfat dairy products, low fat meats, fish and skinless poultry.

6. Avoid foods that are high in fat and calories.

7. Avoid foods that are high in sugars such as pastries, candy bars, pies and candy.

8. Use a variety of fruits and vegetables in your nutrition plan. Start by trying to eat 5 total vegetable and fruit servings every single day.