Plateuing

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Plateuing

Post by Boss Man »

It will teach you :wink:

You've got to learn to let thie indulgences go man, because you know you don't need them :P.
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

92.7kg this week, a good drop of 0.6kg. Pretty happy :)

As a side note, I have a question about shoulder exercises. I've been doing military press (using dumbells instead of barbell) pretty much exclusively since I started. I've recently started doing lateral raises, aswell as an exercise that doesn't seem to have a name, but you're seated, arms at right angles as if on armrests, and then lift so your elbows move away from your body and upwards. Only thing, is they don't seem to work shoulders as well as the military press, but I'm worried about an injury doing the military, even with a spotter. Are there any better alternatives that work your shoulders in the same places and just as well as the military press?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Militaries are an exercise designed to work the Chest as well, so subbing them for a shoulder exercise may not be advantageous if you start getting some muscle loss in the Chest area.

You could try doing inclined benching instead, as you should hopefully find some kind of Anterior Delt work, should happen when you do that.

Alternatively try Alrnold Presses and see if that helps.

1. Arms flexed with two dumbells about face height, palms facing you, (supinated).

2. Stretch the Arms up and twist them 180 degrees until they're vertical above your head, palms pronated.

3. Reverse the movement to finish the rep, then do desired number of reps.
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

I might have to give those a go, they look like a good workout. On chest workouts I do bench and incline as it is (with dumbells), and occassionlly do some pressups when I get a spare moment at home as I prefer to use some grips. I'll give those a go but I might just stick with the military, I haven't been injured yet doing them heh.
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

No loss this week, which is a bit annoying as I felt I had a good one :(
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It happens sometimes. Don't let it distract you and just keep going.
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

Yer, it can happen. I'm just carrying on and hopefully it will catch up for next week's weigh in.
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

Heh yer. I'm pretty sure I'm eating more now than I ever have lol.
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

Weighed in today at the gym at 91.8kg, a loss of 0.9kg. I've finally bought some decent electronic scales so I'm going to start to be able to weigh myself at home and at a consistant time. weigh in next week will likely be a big drop because I won't be wearing gym gear, but will be actual weight. Pretty happy with the loss this week :)
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

Weighed in at home at 90kg exactly this morning. The loss looks bigger that it was as I wasn't in gym gear and was first thing in the morning, I think I only lost about 0.2kg this week or so. I think I need to eat again after dinner, as I keep going to bed hungry. Last week I also managed to jog at 11km/h for 30mins continuously on 3 occassions down the gym :) Really happy to see that fitness has dramatically improved since I started (sturggled to complete 3 minutes at 9km/h lol). Back on HIIT this week though, had a killer one today heh.
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

Weighed in at 89kg this morning. Pretty happy with that loss.
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

Hey guys. It's been a couple weeks since I last posted so I thought I'd give you an update. I'm currently down to 88.1kg. I lost 0.4kg this week, and 0.5kg the previous week. They were a couple hard weeks and really tested diet. I had to work pretty much every hour I was awake on finishing up final year university project (programming and then a huge write up). I only managed to fit in one gym session each week but still managed to lose because I kept strong on diet.

Finally free from university apart from exams in a month's time, so I'm able to get back to routine :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nice control on the eats fella. That could have been an excuse to get a bit slobby and laxe, but above all else, when certain aspects of lifestyle couln't be feasible as much, you held firm on other things and made some progress.

There's a good lesson to learn for some, so well done and keep believing.

GOOD LUCK on the exams, you'll be fine. If you've done what you know is your best, in the leadup, you can only ask for that whatever the results.
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

Cheers Boss. Had weigh in this morning, down to 87.0, a loss of 1.1. I think the big loss was body responding to heavy workouts after being deprived from regular workouts the 2 previous weeks. Not too worried that it was a larger loss in a single week than I should be aiming for.

As for degree, I have no idea what I'm going to do after it finishes. Worrying but exciting. This year will be interesting lol.
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

Hey guys. Had a bad week as I was over at twin's at the weekend and had a couple nights of heavy drinking. Don't even want to post the weight this week as I'm retreading lost ground. On a side note, some random guy who is down the gym regularly randomly spoke to me today and was asking me about weight. He'd seen me over the entire journey so far and was congratulating me on weight loss. Was awesome to have a stranger notice and say something. Had a nice heavy session yesterday and today so I should be on for a good weight on monday.