Plateuing

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: Plateuing

Post by LozTaylor »

Weighed myself tuesday, down to 211lbs. I got that 2lb drop I was aiming for :) Here's for 2 more.
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

Hey everyone.

It seems like it was ages ago since I posted on here. If I'm honest, I haven't posted because the few weeks over christmas didn't allow me to make much progress and weight didn't move much. The week that had christmas on was actually the first time since I started way back in July that I put on weight. I went from 95.6kg, to 95.9kg. The week after I made it back down to 95.6kg, so it was only a small festive slip. I also weighed myself the monday just gone and am down to 94.7kgs. I'm anticipating another good drop this monday as I've been at it hard this week.

I've once again changed up workout a bit more (especially in regards to weights). One reason was because muscle gains were starting to slow down a little, but also because new uni timetable has changed which days I can go to the gym. I'm now doing:

Monday:
10mins jog.
20-30mins shoulder workout consisting of military press and side raises. I also work traps here. I also plan to add abs into this workout once I've lost some more weight.
15-20mins cardio.

Tuesday:
30mins swim

Wednesday:
10mins jog.
20-30mins bicep/tricep workout. I start with french curls, then do some barbell curls. I then moved on to do quads by doing a leg press. I then move back to do kick backs for triceps and then alternate dumbell curls for biceps.
15-20mins cardio.

Thursday:
Rest Day

Friday:
10mins jog.
20-30mins chest and lats workout. I start using a pulldown machine for lats (I plan to move on to pull ups with a wide grip for lats once I can do them :( ). I then move on to do chest press, incline press and maybe chest flys. I'd prefer to do the flys laying on the floor to remove the risk of injury, but I know I'll get very odd looks if I did this heh. Maybe I'll do them when I get in from the gym in the safety of home.
15-20mins cardio.

Saturday:
Rest Day

Sunday:
Rest Day.

I think this is a step up for workout and should be better with the rest days. I might add in a swim on saturdays so I don't have 2 rest days back to back like that. Like I said above, once I've lost more weight and can do the things I currently can't (I'm looking at you pullups/dips), I'm planning to move workout to something closer to this: http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/schedintermediate.htm

I think it suits me well and should be a good new challenge. I plan to add some pictures of me from when I started and pictures of me now. Does anyone have any suggestions about workout at all?
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

Down to 94.4kg this week (only a 0.3kg drop). I was expecting more but I think I've had a good muscle gain this week.
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

Didn't get a loss this week but I know why. I attribute it to a pub lunch on thursday, Nandos on saturday, drinking on saturday followed by 4am McDonald's. This doesn't happen every week so I should be happy that I've kept the weight steady, also considering I probably put on some muscle aswell.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well things like McD, Booze, pub lunch and Nandos in the same week, would have some negative effect on weight loss, I don't doubt it :P.

As long as it wasn't all on the same day though, or most of your weight loss would be puke :wink:.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

I would have such a hard time losing weight in England.... I love pub lunch, cornish pasties, and all the lovely different types of crisp flavours that we don't get in Canada! Keep up the great work!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Can't stand pasties. Never eaten one. The thought of actually eating one, makes me almost feel billious, to the point of decorating clothes with intestinal spew.

I think it's partly down to the look, smell and the knowledge they cannot possibly be good for you.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Oh man, is it wrong that your post made me really hungry for a pasty? lol I love pastry, so anything in pastry, around a pastry, or on top of it is fine by me. Except maybe "intestinal spew"!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I don't like Pastry type food. Sausage Rolls, Pies, Ginsters, Fray Bentos, I'm not into it and most of the time when people eat hot stuff like that, the smell is just horrendous.
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

Man, Ginsters steak pies are awesome. Mostly because of the pastry. Pasties however are nasty lol.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

LozTaylor wrote:Man, Ginsters steak pies are awesome. Mostly because of the pastry. Pasties however are nasty lol.
Oh come on! It's like a bourgeois pizza pop, I love it. The next time I am in England I will eat two and think of you and Bossman ; ) Allison knows what I'm talking about!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Though may wish she didn't :wink:

As for Fray Bentos, Uruguays answer to world cuisine. Hardly a memorable landmark in Uruguays history really :P
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

This week was a good one :)

Down to 93.3kgs now (dropped 1.1kgs since last week). I tweaked cardio ever so slightly (I was doing under what I should have) and I ate fairly well. Pretty happy with that, really motivated to have another good one.

One of new goals to be able to complete 6km in under 40 minutes. I'm hoping to be able to start doing weekend runs when the weather gets better. Today on the treadmill (I know it's not the same), I managed 5km in 30 minutes, meaning I should be able to complete this goal. Never thought I'd look forward to running so much heh.

Oh yer, had steak pie for dinner tonight :)
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

Lol, I only like the crispy duck, aswell as the chow mein with any meat.

Just found the best running track. It's a collection of various film montage songs. If Stallone's speech at 11min doesn't keep you going, nothing will heh.

http://soundcloud.com/maddecent/sets/blood-bros-series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

This week I didn't drop any weight. That'll teach me for going out drinking :( Aiming for a good one for next week though.