Help To Reach Weight Loss Goal

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

bodyburner
STARTING OUT

Help To Reach Weight Loss Goal

Post by bodyburner »

Hello Everyone,

I found this great forum today and thought of joining here instantly to get some advice on losing weight. To begin with, I was 240 pounds and waist was 38 inches in June 2011 and by a combination of diet and workouts, I managed to strip down weight to around 215 pounds and 36 inches waist.

I am at this position from the beginning of November and in the last two months, I can barely lose any weight.

This is average diet: 9.30 am rotis (3 or 4), 1 cup of tea with milk and fish/beef/chicken/egg curry

1.30 pm rice with beef/chicken and vegetables
6 pm tea with milk and some fruits
9 pm Dinner (either roti or rice) with beef/chicken

Workouts I follow:

I workout on treadmill on different patterns. Either I run at moderate speed for 4 miles or I follow the principles of HIIT and run for 20-25 minutes (3 days in a week)
I go to GYM 3 days in a week and follow exactly what instructor says but I am not pretty satisfied with the kind of training I am getting.

It will be great to know what diet plan can help me to keep on losing weight and hit absolute goal of a flat ab.
Thanks in Advance!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Help To Reach Weight Loss Goal

Post by Boss Man »

bodyburner wrote: This is average diet: 9.30 am rotis (3 or 4), 1 cup of tea with milk and fish/beef/chicken/egg curry

(If needs be cut down the Rotis, incase you're consuming too many calories, as that curry options looks a it substantial on it's own.)

(Have another meal around 11:30)

1.30 pm rice with beef/chicken and vegetables

(Good, but include another meal between 3:30 and 4:00 as the gap betwene the mela above and the one below is too large)

6 pm tea with milk and some fruits

(I'd increase your Protein here, as your calories look a bit low, so things like Chicken or Beef would work.)

9 pm Dinner (either roti or rice) with beef/chicken

(Good enough)
The HIIT or interval stuff 3x a week is good as well so keep it, but for now focus a bit more on diet, as you are having one or two meal spaces that are a bit too big, not eating enough and that breakfast looks a bit too high calorie and removing some calories from it and reassigning them in some way shape or form, elsewhere in the day, would make more sense.
bodyburner
STARTING OUT

Post by bodyburner »

Thanks a lot Boss_Man! I will modify diet to a 5 course meal and strip down breakfast calories then!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

5 course meal plan should be okay, though modifications I posted allows for 6. I'm just concerned with 5, if you don't have that 9PM one, you might possibly start snacking or picking at stuff later on, if you get a bit hungry
bodyburner
STARTING OUT

Post by bodyburner »

Thanks a lot Boss_Man! I've accomodated the 3.30-4pm meal as well! Below are goal calorie details (got this from forum profile page) and approximate input of each nutrient.

Your Goal Calories: 2,064
Carbohydrate Goal: 258 grams
Protein Goal: 155 grams
Fat Goal: 46 grams

Can you help me to size up each course of meal to stay somewhere in this range? Thanks in advance!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Simply divide the numbers by 6.

Also use these calculations to work out the approximate gram to calorie conversion.

Protein, 4 calories per gram.

Carbs, 4 calories per gram.

Fats, 9 calories per gram.
bodyburner
STARTING OUT

Post by bodyburner »

Thanks Boss Man! The conversion is really helpful. I will use this for sticking to weight loss plan.
bodyburner
STARTING OUT

Need Some Motivation Please

Post by bodyburner »

Hi Everyone,

I jointed our forum almost a year back with a weight loss goal of 80KG and I was 98KGs then (2011 Dec). Unfortunately, due to the sudden demise of a very close person, I couldn't focus on diet and workout for quite some time and I ended up gaining back all the weight I lost plus a few added kilos. Now I am 108KG (approx 240 pounds). I am planning to lose at least 40 pounds by May 2013 and the diet plan I am planning to follow will be the one "Boss Man" already made for me.

Right now I do not have access to any cardio equipment but all I got is a home gym. Within a month or two, I will either buy a treadmill or start jogging in a park but this can't be done till the beginning of next year. Do you think resistance training coupled with diet will work for me? I do have skipping ropes and can use them too. friend has an abandoned rowing machine which I can take but it has to be shipped from a different place but this can be done.

Any help on the workout front would be appreciated! I don't think I can start with HIIT as I am too fat for that right now but any suggestions are welcome.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Resistance training coupled with diet is always a plus, but the caveat being to administer corrrect execution and not to excessively execute it.

Funky technique implemented for 2 hours a time, is potentially bad news :wink:
bodyburner
STARTING OUT

Post by bodyburner »

Thanks Boss_Man. Do you think 3 days a week's training is enough for me? I am trying to lose 40 pounds in the next 6 months? Am I expecting too much with resistance training?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Three days is fine.