As the title implies, I know the following is not good...
Please advise on the following situation:
1. Male, 25, moderately active gains some unwanted weight around stomach. Goes from 125 to 132 within a year. Runs about 10-20 miles per week
2. Reduces calories to about 1200-1300 per day, reduces running to about 2-5 miles per week.
3. Loses weight to about 115. Body clearly loses some fat, noticeably around ribs.
4. Increases calories to about 2200 per day. Increases running to about 10-20 miles per week. Adds a higher proportion of fats and grains to diet.
5. Stomach fat returns very rapidly (within a couple months). Rib-area still looks quite thin.
6. Now the situation is worse than before.....
Diet consists of mostly fruits and vegetables. Some (not enough probably) protein from beans, egg whites, grains.
So... I just want to have a healthy weight without a bunch of gut-fat.