Weight loss plan

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Zeebeedee
STARTING OUT

Weight loss plan

Post by Zeebeedee »

I am currently 14.5 stone and 5 foot 11. I want to get down to around 12.5 stone. I am currently swimming 3 times a week up to 42 lengths of a 20 meter pool  which is around 2500 meters a week. Cycling 10 miles 3 times a week. Diet is proddige for breakfast, for dinner something like, and orange, plum,grapes,blueberries. Dinner is something like, new potatoes curly kale carrots chicken and broccoli or rice asparagus tomotoes chicken, spat Bol or chilli with meet free mince,or chicken kebabs cuscus and veg. At weekends I do treat myself to a dirty Saturday usually consisting of bacon buttie for breakfast and a big fat dirty amazing pizza for tea!! Alcohol content 0 in the week probably a few beers and a bottle of red at the weekend.

Will this work to loose 2 stone and tone myself up and roughly how long would I expect to wait to start noticing a change?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Weight loss plan

Post by Boss Man »

It could work, but I'd consider binning the weekend alcohol and "dirty saturday", as it could seriously hamper progress.

The porridge for Breakfast is okay, ut consider perhaps more protein, like Chicken, Turkey, Ham, ground Beef etc.

You can also include snacks between meals like Avocado, Carrot Sticks, Celery Sticks, Low Fat Cheese, Peanuts, Microwave Beans, Rice or Soup, Fruit, Sandwiches, Yoghurt Pots, Tofu, Boiled Eggs, Nuts and Seeds.

Those are all things you can use as snacks or to be part of snack options. Obviously you should be able to tell which of those represent whole snacks and which represent partial snacks.
flatstomachguru
STARTING OUT

Post by flatstomachguru »

You are doing great with the swimming and cycling.

You should try and avoid refined carbohydrates so make sure the rice and couscous you are eating is brown. You did not say what your are drinking but I would recommend you stick to plenty of water or green tea. Don't drink any sports drinks because they are full of sugar which will turn into fat.

Think about incorporating some strength training once or twice a week. Building lean muscle will increase your resting metabolic rate which means that your body will burn more calories 24/7. The swimming and cycling will build a little muscle but you should do some dedicated strength training to really see results. You can use dumbbells or just your own body weight. If you use multi-joint compound moves you can cover the whole body in 4 exercises. Eg dumbbell press, dumbbell row, dumbbell squat and leg raise.

Good luck!

http://www.flatstomachguru.com/
CallieD
STARTING OUT

Post by CallieD »

I would add 2 days of full body strength training into your routine to help you with some lean muscle. In terms of nutrition I'd cut out the poridge in the AM and instead focus on a protein based meal. Have your carbs after your training but limit them for the rest of the day.

Sounds like you're on the right track, just a couple of tweaks and you'll start seeing some great fat loss. Good luck!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The prorridge however would increase blood sugar levels, provide energy and fuel the brain, which given bloodsugar drops during exercise, would be even more sensible to me if the person exercises after brakfast. Thye would probably still have some porridge carbs in their system afterwards to promote bloodsugar recovery and glycogen recovery.

Although protein is really important and should not be neglected.