new need some tips and advise

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

gix562
STARTING OUT

new need some tips and advise

Post by gix562 »

Hi everyone,
I realized this weekend that I really need to get in gear to get back in shape, I am 30 years old 5'9 224lb the most I have ever weight, all the weight I gain seems to go to gut or face, so I went for a hike this weekend first in a long time, I noticed a lot of ppl who would appear more out of weight than me but I think I am more because body is not portioned right all the fat in the stomach I was like the only one sweating on the trails, and by the time I was coming back up the incline finishing hike legs were done I was so fadigue and legs were done I don't believe they can support new weight I've gained I had to take several breaks to finish,
weight increase began about 1 year ago I was 200lb not best shape but OK getting back into things gym routine 3 or 4 times weekly but I ended up crashing motorcycle and that left me glued to the couch for about a month, I just slipped into a super lazy mode but advantually decided I'm going to go to cross fit and it was awesome got back into shape but than some financial issues came up and I couldn't pay the $125 a month and wanted to get back In gym but couldn't get motivated so the weight started to pile back on and next thing I know I'm worse than ever before, I want to go back to cross fit but don't feel I can complete the WODs as I use to I guess I didn't realize how bad it was until I finished the hike , I was thinking of trying one of the programs I seen on TV p90x or insanity or t25 I've been trying to eat healthier the last 2 weeks and its been going pretty well hopefully I can get some exersise in also, just wanted to post here maybe someone else had been in the same situation and can relate or just has some advise,
Thank you in advance :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: new need some tips and advise

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Gix, good to speak to you

You say you feel you cannot go back to cross fit because you would be unable to finish what you start, but would it possibly be prudent to find a way of paying for a one off session, rather than a whole month or years subscription and just see if you're in any way capable of doing most or all of the workouts?