just some input

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

CodyE89
STARTING OUT

just some input

Post by CodyE89 »

Hey guys. So I've joined today to try to get some input and maybe some tips on some things I can do better, then maybe help out some others through experience.

So basically story goes:

I lived in Georgia by myself and worked as a retail store manager. Obviously in that career path the amount of hours worked is rather insane, so to be perfectly honest, I had developed very bad eating habits. Never being home to cook of course made me resort to grabbing things on the go. Now I was (still am) quite of subway lol, so that was probably the "best" place I ate out. I'm fairly short for a , Around 5'8", overall pretty small body frame, but I managed to get myself up to around 207 pounds. I was never this big.. when I was 19/20 (I'm 25 now) I was roughly 145 to 150. So far I have actually managed to get myself back down to around 178-180. Sounds like great progress and I'm more than happy with it, but now I seem to be stuck.

I moved to south Florida last November. New job, new life. I really never eat out anymore unless of course I grab that subway every now and then ;). Breakfast I may just grab a bagel and coffee. So overall, eating is WAY better, I normally go jog on the beach for 2 to 4 miles some days (like today) or I'll just take the bike out, but usually push anywhere from 6 to 10 miles. And this is literally about every day. I may rest a day or two to let legs catch a break, but during that break, I'm lifting, push up, ab workouts, resistance training.

For roughly the passed month I've been weighing once per week and have seen no changes in weight.. at all. Actually as of today I'm at 179.4. Last week I was 177, week before that at 180.

I do understand maybe it's just water weight?

I know this is a long post, but I've never come to a forum. I've always just done the research myself, but now I'm kind of stuck.

Thanks in advance!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: just some input

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Cody, good to talk to you.

I would firstly say have a strict plan of action, because exercising in a way where you do what you like when you like, is okay to a point, but as a construct it's a bit loose and gives your workout mentality no solid structure or control, so you can't necessarily be able to dictate progress how you might wish.

You could do something like this a as way of giving more definition and applied control to your weekly regime, rather than utilising a more random approach as seems to be the case now.

Day 1. Weights + cycle

Day 2. Jog

Day 3. Weights + cycle

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Weights + cycle

Day 6. Jog

Day 7. Day off

This is just an example, but by making your exercise more routine and defined, you're getting more control of how you improve your well being and weight through exercise, whilst still partaking in the kind of things you enjoy.

You could still in the future go a little free form and occasionally improvise on a particular day, then the next week or several weeks, stick to the same routine religiously as per before.

In relation to the diet what foods do you eat and what times do you eat, so I can ascertain an eating schedule :).