Why can't I drop the weight?

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Klzetts
STARTING OUT

Why can't I drop the weight?

Post by Klzetts »

Eating a very balanced 1200 calories, and working out 6 days a week 30-40 mins cardio and 20 mins strength training... Have been at this for over a month and haven't seen a difference in clothes or the scale ! Why!? I used to live a pretty sedentary life so I thought I'd see a change by now :cry:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Why can't I drop the weight?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Klzetts, good to speak to you.

The simple answer is the 1,200 calories more than likely.

You're body could be entering what is known as a starvation mode, which encourages fat retention because the body thinks it is becoming starved to some extent, so eating more calories would be more beneficial and it's not something to fear.

Sedentary females need 1,800 a day and could have about 15%-20% more than that on workout days, unless their goals is stuff like iron man or bodybuilding type stuff then they'd need significantly more than 1,800 as opposed to a bit more.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
ryanbCXG
STARTING OUT

Re: Why can't I drop the weight?

Post by ryanbCXG »

Those are some pretty low calories as pointed out.

Might want to think about slowly increasing them and keeping everything else the same

Your body will slowly adapt to the increasing calories and hopefully will not add much in terms of fat.

I would not try to maintain that low calorie intake while exercising hard for very long