help!! I'm small, but have a lot of fat on top

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

SaoirseM
STARTING OUT

help!! I'm small, but have a lot of fat on top

Post by SaoirseM »

Hey,

So I'm having real difficulty with body shape. I'm short at 5'3 weighing in at 58kg I appear to be quite slim because I dress appropriately, however I'm carry waaay to much fat on top I have quite a and bingo wings and then very skinny legs.. I feel like I look like a really young nana. I'm so uncomfortable with shape and really need help losing some fat and shaping up I need to focus on the top and maybe develop a bit more bulk on the lower body... Is this possible? What foods should I eat and avoid and also are there excercises that will target those areas? I excercise regularly doing cardio and then weights but with no change I also eat reasonably well. Just wondering if you would have any advice for me ?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: help!! I'm small, but have a lot of fat on top

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Saoirse, good to talk to you.

It sounds like the weights might not be too progressive, if you're the type of person and many females are, who just keeps using light 2kg / 3kg dumbbells all the time for fear of bulking up.

The cardio might not be progressive if it's just steady state all the time, so you could switch it up to interval stuff if you're going steady state and don't be reliant on lengthy duration and frequency, as you'd only need 2-3 sessions for 30 minutes, because the weights is where you can really kick it up and more muscle equals more calorie burning, so never be afraid of muscle building, embrace it and find more of the person you could be.

In relation the diet, what times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?