WORKING OUT LIKE A BEAST NOT LOSING ANYTHING

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fightingtobefit
STARTING OUT

WORKING OUT LIKE A BEAST NOT LOSING ANYTHING

Post by fightingtobefit »

I've been in the gym religiously 5 days per week since January 1st this year. I do 30 mins on the treadmill at 3.0mph, 30 minutes on the exercise bike at level 8, 10-15 minutes on the rowing machine and alternate an upper body and lower body work out on the weight machines for 30 minutes daily. I'm drinking approx 80 oz of water a day, I'm journaling all food and eating around 1500 calories a day. weight on January 1 was 202, weight today is 202. I've lost only one half an inch on hips, arms and thighs in 8 weeks and I'm completely devastated that I'm doing the work and not seeing results. friend is working out right along side me, doing the same things........she's lost 18lbs. WTH am I doing wrong????? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: WORKING OUT LIKE A BEAST NOT LOSING ANYTHING

Post by Boss Man »

Hi FTBF, good to talk to you.

I think your exercise level is a bit over the top and the calories are a bit low.

I'm assuming you're a female, in which case females need around 1,800 calories a day when sedentary and could have more when exercising.

So I'd increase your calories on non-workout days by 20% and in workout days by around 35%.

You need the fuel for your workouts and not to do too much exercise, otherwise the body can enter something called a starvation mode, where it thinks it's being starved and won't yield much fat loss.

You don't need to workout on weights every day ad the cardio is a bit too much.

This should work for you better for you I feel.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bench press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks, 30 - 45 seconds

You increase the planks by 5 seconds a week until you can do around 90 seconds

You do this 3 times a week every other day

Use the second smallest dumbbells on squats, lunges, Deadlifts and bent over rows and the smallest ones on the other stuff except planks, then increase your weight every 1-2 weeks, until you're going to about 95% of failure for reps, then increase your weight based on how much stronger you get, beyond the acclimatisation period.

You can also add a couple of days of interval or HIIT for 30 minutes, so your week could look like this.

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Cardio

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Cardio

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off