Lose muscle/bulkiness

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Wardmabh01
STARTING OUT

Lose muscle/bulkiness

Post by Wardmabh01 »

Hello!

I am currently on a mission to lose weight and have so far lost just over 2 stone! However the weight loss has slowed, and I also feel as if I have put on quite a lot of muscle?

I am very tall but ideally would like to have a slimmer figure and not look 'hench' or really muscular. How could I boost weight loss and potentially lose some muscle mass?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Lose muscle/bulkiness

Post by Boss Man »

Hi there Wardmabh, good to talk to you.

Well gaining muscle would reduce net losses in weight, but muscle actually has the ability to help people lose weight, as it can help to burn an extra 45-50 calories for every 1lb you gain, so it's actually beneficial, as the training required to build muscle can also improve connective tissue strength and bone density.

Plus having more muscle will we beneficial when you're older and may prevent against issues related to frailty, as long as you do the training properly.

I think you could be fine if you keep persevering, but if you'd like us to take a look at your diet, let us know what times you eat at and what foods you eat at those times, otherwise, keep us posted and just keep persevering :).