URGENT WEIGHT LOSS HELP!

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: URGENT WEIGHT LOSS HELP!

Postby Boss Man » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:27 pm

Cardio might be a way to go first of all. As for the abs, I'd stick to planks as they should be more suitable if you're recovering from a hernia.

garethlello1979
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Postby garethlello1979 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:38 am

Cool im not technically recovering from a hernia this could be with me for life as i am on nexium full time and loosing weight may not make the hiatus hernia go but ill have too see how things go.

garethlello1979
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Postby garethlello1979 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:02 pm

Im guessing i can do planks, press ups and HIIT would be good too.

Is there anything else that i can do as i am keen not to be pure cardio as i still want to change my body shape.

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Postby Boss Man » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Well have you considered body weighted exercises, like squats, lunges, shoulder presses, chest press etc?

garethlello1979
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Postby garethlello1979 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:39 am

I hadn't only because I thought with lunges and things like that you have to tighten the core which is where the hiatal hernia is? If not I would consider it yes.

garethlello1979
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Postby garethlello1979 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:56 am

I think for a couple of weeks I might need to go to the gym after work and get some HIIT in normal cardio and some planks/bodyweight stuff in to get the ball rolling and hopefully trigger the weight loss and see how I go.

Presumably doing that I can stick the original diet that I posted?

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Postby Boss Man » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Yes

Jade12FL
STARTING OUT

Postby Jade12FL » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:46 pm

Hey

Have you ever heard of Forever Living? They have some amazing weight loss products which I have used myself.
The lite ultra is a shake one for 7 days and there is also the clean 9, done over 9 days.

All natural products, plans easy to use and I really felt great after using them. I would recommend them to anyone and I lose 8 pounds in a week off the lite ultra, 12 pounds off the clean nine. No feeling tired or crappy after the diet. I never felt more healthy.

Amazing!!

garethlello1979
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Postby garethlello1979 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi i have lost weight very gradually but i am doing cardio so im only becoming a smaller version of me but same shape.

I need to change shape and build muscle so i can tone as the weight comes off but with a hiatial hernia meaning squats, sit ups, push ups and exercises that push pressure on my stomach are out so how can i build muscle with a limited amount of exercise that i can do?

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Postby Boss Man » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:10 pm

Are you due to have surgery on the hernia?

garethlello1979
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Postby garethlello1979 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:00 am

No im not unfortunately its medication for life.

Because a hiatial hernia is a small tear where the stomach lining can push through and cause reflux doctors no longer operate. So my only hope is that because it is small it may heal once i lose all the weight that i need to.

However if not its possible i have that small tear for life so long term i need to find routines were i can do weights to build muscle, tone and change shape for my life going forward but avoiding causing the tear to get bigger so its a bit of a catch 22 situation. I need to change my lifestyle for good which i have done with my diet and working with my IBS i just need to sort the weights side of things as i know i have to do cardio but i hate it and dont want to be stuck doing miles and miles running on treadmills.

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Postby Boss Man » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:17 am

Have you tried some basic movements without weight that might be feasible, like cleans, military press and lunges and such things might have a slight impact on the abdominal area, because if you cannot feel anything, then fine, but if you do, then you'd be limited realistically to things like leg press and calf raises for the legs if you couldn't do any lunge movements.

Cleans and military press could cause a secondary impact on the abdominal area, so that would need to be ascertained before you could do anything like that and that also goes for arnold presses.

garethlello1979
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Postby garethlello1979 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:26 am

I'll have t give it a go and let you know.

As you can see its difficult for me to build muscle and get an all body workout due to this but i need to so i can get my chest back and flatten my stomach.

garethlello1979
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Postby garethlello1979 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:30 am

I think im just getting frustrated as in the past doing intense high weight low rep exercises with litle rest between reps my body always responded best.

But now i cant really do that and being nearly 40 and the metabolism slowing down i guess im concerned i wont be able to lose the weight as well as i used to.

I can still exercise chest arms back etc but not do things like squats so i need to make sure my largest muscles are worked. Would the vibroplates be an idea or HIIT at the end of a session.

I dont want to do just as i would lose the weight but still maintain the same shape where i want to make sure is if i lose this 3 stone im still firm and dont get that saggy weight loss skin.

garethlello1979
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Postby garethlello1979 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:38 am

I would add a picture to show how bad things are but i havent figured it out.

Return to “Weight Loss/Fat Loss”