URGENT WEIGHT LOSS HELP!

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

garethlello1979
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

URGENT WEIGHT LOSS HELP!

Post by garethlello1979 »

Hi guys,

I am in dire near need of help. I have suffered several health issues over the course of the last 12 months playing havoc with bosy and ruling out any gym work and tedious issues with diet.

Due to these issues i have bloated and just trying to eat more healthy hasbt reduced weight at all.

I am lactose intolerant as i have found out and can no longer eat beef and steak which are all amazing sources of protein. Now i seem to have put these issue behind me but it has now balooned me to 206lb and quite frankly its depressing im the biggest i have ever been and was mostly caused when i was ill bloating 14lb in 2 weeks.

Now i am fully aware i cant spot reduce fat and unless i have lyposuction its going to take a while to shift this gut. u need to get down to around 161lb so i need to lose somewhere between 30lb and 40lb

I guess now what is a realistic time scale to lose this and get flatter stomached im guessing christmas at the earliest so ready for next summer lol.

I also tend to be the type of person that loses inches rather than weight going on previous experience.

idea was to have a month getting basic fitness back doing simple HIIT starter and then a weights routine using weights machines to get me back in the saddle based on low reps high weight with very small rest stops inbetween.

Also as milk and beef are out what are the best ways of getting protein as im guessing its better to build muscle to lose inches rather than stripping out the calories?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: URGENT WEIGHT LOSS HELP!

Post by Boss Man »

Well there plenty of protein sources if you can't have what you wanted like whole-grain cereals, nuts, peanuts, fish, soy products such a soybeans, tofu, tempeh and edamame, chicken, pork, lamb, legumes, mushrooms, rice, quinoa, spirulina, oat milk, rice milk, almond butter, nut butter and soy milk.

You would be better gaining muscle, because an extra 1lb of muscle burns an extra 45-50 calories and reducing calories could potentially sacrifice muscle and also may cause a starvation mode, where the body thinks it's being starved and holds onto fat.
garethlello1979
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Are there any supplements i could take to help i have been hearing a lot about CLA and L Carnitine.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Those two are okay, but they do get mixed responses I believe based on user experiences.

Supplements are not really necessary for fat loss, as the diet and training should be more than sufficient when implemented properly and with consistency.
garethlello1979
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Thought i would post proposed diets see what you think of them.

Breakfast Calories Protein
Weetabix 222 6.1
Health Yoghurt Drink
Protein Shake 122 24
Skyr Yoghurt
Soy Milk 102 10.2
Snack
Belvita Soft Bakes
Malt Loaf Bar
Lunch
Chicken 236 51
Tortilla Wrap 182 5.2
Salad
Cucumber
Low Fat Cheese 97 8.3
Cous Cous 79 2.6
Dressing 28 0.3
Snack
Apple
Nuts 154 4.9
Evening Meal
Steak/Fish 234 37.5
Noodles 221 6
Stir Fry Veg 65 2.5
Stir Fry Sauce 100 0.1

Post Workout
Protein Shake 226 40

2329 208

Weetabix 222 6.1
Health Yoghurt Drink
Protein Shake 122 24
Skyr Yoghurt
Soy Milk 102 10.2
Snack
Belvita Soft Bakes
Malt Loaf Bar
Lunch
Chicken 236 51
Tortilla Wrap 182 5.2
Salad
Cucumber
Low Fat Cheese 97 8.3
Cous Cous 79 2.6
Dressing 28 0.3
Snack
Apple
Nuts 154 4.9
Evening Meal
Mince 150 25
Sauce 125 4.5
Mushrooms 8 1
Brown Rice 159 3.5
Onions/Peppers 30 1
Post Workout
Protein Shake 226 40

2181 196.9

Weetabix 222 6.1
Health Yoghurt Drink
Protein Shake 122 24
Skyr Yoghurt
Soy Milk 102 10.2
Snack
Belvita Soft Bakes
Malt Loaf Bar
Lunch
Chicken 236 51
Tortilla Wrap 182 5.2
Salad
Cucumber
Low Fat Cheese 97 8.3
Cous Cous 79 2.6
Dressing 28 0.3
Snack
Apple
Nuts 154 4.9
Evening Meal
Baked Potatoe 197 5.4
Baked Beans 160 9.4
Cheese 97 8.3

Post Workout
Protein Shake 226 40

2163 185

The first figure is calories the second is protein
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

To clarify, will you use all of these on some kind of rotation system, or go with the one you think is best?
garethlello1979
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

I will rotate these around and come up with other variations. I havent got some values in there but for example the skyr yoghurt adds another 22gr to the protein total as well.

I am also allowing myself one cheat day where i can have a not so good treat or evening meal but not too much of a treat day.

main focus is getting around getting 200gr protein into diet and hitting the weights hard. I would upload a pic but i can t seem to get it to work unless im doing something wrong.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

That all seems fine then, as you have some commonalities which will help to simplify tracking, planning and buying of food, but you also have a bit of variation as well and I think you've got a decent plan there.
garethlello1979
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Ive added all the calories and protein and for the 3 examples here are the values with and without a post workout shake.

Menu 1 - 2437/188.3 & 2663/228.3

Menu 2 - 2289/177.2 & 2515/217.2

Menu 3 - 2271/165.3 & 2497/205.3
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Seems fine to me.
garethlello1979
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Hi guys,

I am not sure you can help but I will ask anyway.

I have been diagnosed with IBA and a hiatus hernia. The IBS I am looking at diet and will amend accordingly but with the hiatus hernia the doctor has advised to avoid all form of weights work and abdominal exercise.

Is there anything I can do at all as just cardio does not work for me but if I cant lift weights at the gym what can I do!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. The catch 22 is I need to losed weight for the hiatus hernia to go down but I respond best to weights.
jony26
STARTING OUT

Post by jony26 »

garethlello1979 wrote:Hi guys,

I am in dire near need of help. I have suffered several health issues over the course of the last 12 months playing havoc with bosy and ruling out any gym work and tedious issues with diet.

Due to these issues i have bloated and just trying to eat more healthy hasbt reduced weight at all.

I am lactose intolerant as i have found out and can no longer eat beef and steak which are all amazing sources of protein. Now i seem to have put these issue behind me but it has now balooned me to 206lb and quite frankly its depressing im the biggest i have ever been and was mostly caused when i was ill bloating 14lb in 2 weeks.

Now i am fully aware i cant spot reduce fat and unless i have lyposuction its going to take a while to shift this gut. u need to get down to around 161lb so i need to lose somewhere between 30lb and 40lb

I guess now what is a realistic time scale to lose this and get flatter stomached im guessing christmas at the earliest so ready for next summer lol.

I also tend to be the type of person that loses inches rather than weight going on previous experience.

idea was to have a month getting basic fitness back doing simple HIIT starter and then a weights routine using weights machines to get me back in the saddle based on low reps high weight with very small rest stops inbetween.

Also as milk and beef are out what are the best ways of getting protein as im guessing its better to build muscle to lose inches rather than stripping out the calories?

opinion, do not do lyposuction, CLA (as somebody suggested).

Beef is not the best source of protein. Period.

Just answer the following questions and I will be able to help you out to some extend:

What cardio exercises do you do?
What meat other than beef can eat and like?
what kinds of fruits and veggies do you like?
Do you workout? If yes, describe your typical workout day in one sentence.
Do you have any food allergies? (if any)

Do NOT follow drastic diet plans. You can lose 30-40lb. You just need to stick to one program and be consistent.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Beef is a very good source of protein, but it is not as concentrated as hemp and soy are.
garethlello1979
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

I am not currently working out due to getting a diagnosis for issues.

I like all meat and most fruit and veg.

I am hoping that I can do weights as if not hiatus hernia is for life by the look of it so weights are not an option.

Its either that or kick off at the doctor and say the cost of 30years on medication would be the same cost of an operation.

I not happy as you can imagine.
garethlello1979
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

A i better trying cardio first to get heart healthy and lose weight to hopefully help it so i can get back onto weights?

And am i ok to be doing things like crunches to try and tighten stomach?