Trying not to plateau

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

static_jacket
STARTING OUT

Trying not to plateau

Post by static_jacket »

Hey guys. I'm still having problems shedding the fat. I'm 6' even at roughly 210 and I still have a long way to go until I consider myself confident. I think I have hit a plateau, and haven't made progress for a while. macros are 20/40/40 at 2000 calories, I'm kind of wondering if that isn't enough to fuel the lean mass I've gained and maybe that's holding me back? By the way, I got a new job in January that I'm not quite as active as I once was at work. I stopped doing cardio, I was convinced it releases too many stress hormones and may not help when I'm trying to maintain lean mass.

I've been considering going to keto since I'm having such a hard time shedding fat. I mean I've been working so hard for a year, granted I lost around 35-40 pounds, but I still think I'm fat and not as healthy as I could be.

Any insight would be helpful, thanks guys.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Trying not to plateau

Post by Boss Man »

Personally I would say keep some cardio in an also bump up calories as you're taking in a sedentary average for men, which is fine on non-workout days, but it could be a bit higher on workout days. I'd suggest you go up by 20%-25% on calories and see how that goes.

You could keep the same macro ratios however.
static_jacket
STARTING OUT

Re: Trying not to plateau

Post by static_jacket »

Boss Man wrote:Personally I would say keep some cardio in an also bump up calories as you're taking in a sedentary average for men, which is fine on non-workout days, but it could be a bit higher on workout days. I'd suggest you go up by 20%-25% on calories and see how that goes.

You could keep the same macro ratios however.
Here's one thing too, I stopped eating over maintainence on workout days a few months ago because someone told me throughout the rest of the days I'm still in a caloric deficit so they said to just focus on losing fat and eating 2000 calories every day.