I lost 50 lbs in 12 months – here's story

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

JenCpijanac
STARTING OUT

I lost 50 lbs in 12 months – here's story

Post by JenCpijanac »

Hello everyone, I hope you’re doing OK. This is first post here and I thought it would be appropriate to share story with you, for a start. I’m happy I came across this community because it’s always great to meet like-minded people or, to be precise, people who are battling the same issues you’re battling yourself.

For a start, here’s a little about me. I’m from The Land Down Under (Australia) and I’ve had issues with excessive weight since late teens.

I know, most of you must be thinking “Well, at least you’re fortunate enough to know what it’s like not to be FAT”. I disagree. Actually knowing that I used to be “normal” for most of life is what made me even more depressed.

I was a normal, happy child. In high school, I was considered “popular” (such a disgusting term, I know). I was into sports, primarily volleyball and a great student. I lead a normal, happy life and thought nothing would ever change.

Fast forward a few years – I’m 60 lbs heavier. Seriously. 60. How the hell did that happen?

When I look back at it now, I was setting an elaborate trap for myself and it’s no wonder I got so fat. Stress, combined with lack of exercise (I went from playing sports each day for a few hours and generally leading a pretty active lifestyle, to barely moving at all: home-car-uni-job-car-home lol) and comfort eating (ended a 3 year old relationship with high school sweetheart) is a recipe for disaster.

I hit the rock bottom when I tried to kill myself. Yes, it got so bad that I actually considered the possibility of ending life. Honestly though, If I really wanted to go through with it, I would. It was probably just a cry for help but there was no one there to hear me crying. I was all alone, devastated and, to put it bluntly, fat as a whale.

It’s been 12 months since that day and I’m 50 lbs lighter.

Things fell into place when I read this: “Look in the mirror. You are now looking at the person responsible for your happiness.” It wasn’t the stress, it wasn’t the food, it wasn’t relationship ending – it was me. It was all fault. I was weak and I needed to find a way to be strong again. I needed to find a way to become the person I’ve always wanted to be and the person I used to be.

I changed diet, started taking weight loss supplements and started exercising fanatically on a daily basis.

Here’s what it all comes down to, in opinion:

Eat breakfast as often as possible – This has been such a crucial factor in weight loss because it kept me from being hungry and tired later in the day.

Try to do some kind of exercise every day – I started by walking during lunch break for an hour, and that really helped me get the ball rolling on being active later in the day. It just became a habit that I liked to keep up.

Be patient with your weight loss – I would have weeks where I wouldn’t eat as well as I could have and sometimes would gain a little bit of weight—but I knew that I could get back on track. That helped me not give up hope and stick with new lifestyle.

Here are some resources that might be useful to you if you’re thinking on embarking on this journey:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/ – lots of great info here

http://healthlynewsreports.com/diet/?u=4cff1 – free trial bottle of an amazing weight loss supplement that helped me a lot. You might want to give it a shot too.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/ – amazing workout plans and lots of great info and advice

If post motivates at least one person here, I’ll be happy. Whatever it is that you’re going through, there is always a way out. Never give up. You can turn your life around, just like I did and just like thousands of people did.

Good luck!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: I lost 50 lbs in 12 months – here's story

Post by Boss Man »

Hen Jen good to talk to you

I admit I find a lot of positives from your post, however in mind weight loss supplements are often rubbish I'm afraid, as their effects are masked by things like diet and exercise, making it practically impossible to track their benefits.

So you may have been using a scam product that was not worth the paper it's lab results were written on.
JenCpijanac
STARTING OUT

Re: I lost 50 lbs in 12 months – here's story

Post by JenCpijanac »

hmm really? I don't know...it surely helped me.

Thanks for the feedback though!