Need help with fat loss

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Fyzi
STARTING OUT

Need help with fat loss

Post by Fyzi »

I'm a 15 y/o guy and a little bit overweight because I've been lazy but now I want to turn look around.

So I'd like to get tips on losing fat and moobs and what exercises I should do and what kind of diet is best for fat loss in those areas.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Need help with fat loss

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Fyzi good to talk to you.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?

What sort of exercises do you do at the moment and what is realistic,. I:E: working out at a gym versus working out at home?
Fyzi
STARTING OUT

Post by Fyzi »

Hey Boss Man

This is what average day of eating looks like.
I eat breakfast at 7:00 usually cereal, toast or rye bread. Lunch at 11:00 or 12:00 at school where it's mostly potatoes and/or different types of meat or some kind of soup. Dinner somewhere between 16:00 and 19:00 meat, fish, vegetables or something else. Evening meal around 21:00 or 22:00 consists of the same foods as breakfast.
Now these are the major meals but I tend to have snacks between lunch and dinner which I think are the reason to weight issues.

As per exercises I don't do any at the moment. I can go to a gym if needed but I'd prefer working out at home for starters.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

That meal plan seems sound enough for most things. I would increase the breakfast you're having as it seems a bit light. I would suggest adding something else in like some eggs, or chicken, or some ham, to get your protein levels up.

As for a workout, this sort of thing should be fine as it doesn't require any weight, but it can be adjusted to work in a gym environment.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Good mornings, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bench press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks, 30 - 45 seconds

You increase the planks by 5 seconds a week until you can do around 90 seconds

You do this 3 times a week every other day
Fyzi
STARTING OUT

Post by Fyzi »

Okay I'll start doing these exercises now.

Thank you for your help!
Buban12
STARTING OUT

Post by Buban12 »

Eating healthy is the foundation of building a nice physique. You should start with that. But eating solely will not give you the wanted results. So, in order to lose weight successfully you have to couple eating right and exercising. Start with something that is comfortable with you. Improve your daily eating habits and start some fitness program, whatever it is. You have to start somewhere in order to achieve something.
After a while, if you don't see any, or little results, you can always change it.