Time to get in shape!

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

shinobispider
STARTING OUT

Time to get in shape!

Post by shinobispider »

So I was always skinny until mid-20's and then since then I've gone from about 160lbs to 250lbs. All fat. Today I decided that today is the day that all changes. I've always lived off fast food & soda, etc. I need all that to change. Any tips and such would be appreciated. I have a good 30-40 cardio workout regiment that a friend of mine insists I do 5 days a week. Anyone else got any good tips? I know I have to completely change diet, that much is obvious, any tips on a good diet to go with? I'm terrible at cooking, but plan is hopefully to eat the same thing everyday. I don't get bored with food too often, and getting into routines makes things easier for me. I don't want to just lose weight, I want to build muscle. I want to be in very good shape, which anything is an improvement over the gut I have now.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Time to get in shape!

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Shinobi, good to talk to you.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you east at those times?
andrewfitness17
STARTING OUT

Post by andrewfitness17 »

I think your biggest goals need to around controlling quantity of food (i.e. calorie intake) and mixing in whatever amount of exercise you both enjoy and can handle regularly. Many people fall off the wagon quick when they first try to lose weight normally because they're trying too much, too quickly. Instead just make sure you're eating a little below what you need everyday, slowly mixing in healthier stuff if you can (you'll feel you need it anyway if you cut down on quantities of the bad stuff) and getting a little exercise. Don't view as a temporary diet, work to change your lifestyle and entire eating habits forever, for the better.

Hope I was of some help!
Ashy123
STARTING OUT

Post by Ashy123 »

I would suggest tracking your current food intake just to get an idea of where you are at. There are several apps and websites (I use myfitnesspal), it doesn't really matter which one you use as long as you're consistent. From there, assess your current protein intake and overall calorie consumption. I usually do 2-2.2g of protein per kg of body weight. Eating sufficient protein will mean you stay fuller between meals and will help build muscle. The main thing that determines weight loss is being in a calorie deficit... so try subtracting 200-300 calories from your current intake and stick to it for a few weeks before reassessing.
raygentry
STARTING OUT

Post by raygentry »

Go healthy work out, take healthy proper diet, avoid cold drinks and junk food or join any weight loss program where fitness coach is to help you. These things will help and moreover you are young and energetic, so you can do that in better way.