150 pounds to lose, 59 years old, where do i start

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

timetogetitdone
STARTING OUT

150 pounds to lose, 59 years old, where do i start

Post by timetogetitdone »

I need to lose a lot of weight, I have high blood pressure and anxiety with depression. I think I am depressed from being overweight and out of shape. Overwhelmed with how I even get started. I started using fitness pal.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: 150 pounds to lose, 59 years old, where do i start

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Ttgid, good to talk to you.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?

Do you currently do any exercise and if so what kind?
chsriharsha
STARTING OUT

Post by chsriharsha »

Hello,
Decission to get fit at any age is surely a good thing. And starting with a calories deficit diet is performing some resistance training would be to a good start.

Your age will not be a factor. Doing this assures you to be moving towards healthier life style.

All the best with your goals.
jbob
STARTING OUT

Post by jbob »

Well deciding to do something about it is a good start. You're saying you have high blood pressure level? What would that blood pressure be? (perhaps enter your values in this blood pressure calculator to see whether your numbers are really high or not).
Next, depression can be cured and regular exercise certainly helps so that is a good start.
What is your current and target weight?
raygentry
STARTING OUT

Post by raygentry »

When you will start losing weight, this depression and blood pressure problems will also reduce. You can join any fitness or weight loss program. Go for healthy nutrition diet. Natural supplements with workout will give you better results.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

raygentry wrote:When you will start losing weight, this depression and blood pressure problems will also reduce. You can join any fitness or weight loss program. Go for healthy nutrition diet. Natural supplements with workout will give you better results.
It is advisable though that depression in people with a weight problem may regress to some degree with weight loss, but it's not a guarantee and natural supplements may give better results depending on the persons response to them, the frequency and quantity of use and providing they are not contraindicated with any medication an individual might be on.
made4u
STARTING OUT

Post by made4u »

I know from experience of losing weight and being 59 myself, that it is true that as you lose weight, health issues like HBP, acid reflux and certain other things will start to get better. But until they do you should stay on your medication.
But in any event maybe letting you know this will help you to keep the motivation going until you reach your goal if you have not already.

But if you have not reached your goal for weight loss or fat loss I hope you soon do.
tenorblaze
STARTING OUT

Post by tenorblaze »

I have a question about that too. I also suffer from depression and it is affecting weight. I also was recently in a car accident and can't exercise like I used to. Are there easier ways to exercise that don't put a lot of pressure on the back but are still effective? I already eat a very healthy diet but still can't seem to lose the weight.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Which area(s) of the back do you get a problem?