Extreme weight loss followed by mild weight gain

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Caters
STARTING OUT

Extreme weight loss followed by mild weight gain

Post by Caters »

Last week I lost 15 lbs just from increasing daily step count and the amount of time that heart is in the fat-burning and cardio zones(has never reached the peak zone but gotten close).

Most of that was probably water weight but some of it had to be fat weight since it was 15 lbs that I lost.

This week I gained 3.8 lbs. Not much weight. I have been on period for the last 4 days so some of that weight is probably water weight. But I think, since I have been doing all this cardio, that some of this weight gain(a small amount though) is due to muscle gain in legs and heart.

I haven't changed diet at all. This same diet that got weight up into the 190s is also the same diet I am on while loosing weight.

So did I likely gain muscle in legs and heart this week along with water weight from period to offset fat loss to the point of gaining a few pounds?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Extreme weight loss followed by mild weight gain

Post by Boss Man »

Well if you did gain any muscle in some way, it wouldn't been very much at all given you're a female and this weight gain happened in just one week, not even one, month, but I think it may well be just down to water weight caused by your TOM, so I'd just wait for another 7-10 days and see what happens.