Weight Loss Training

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

notoriousferro
STARTING OUT

Weight Loss Training

Post by notoriousferro »

Hi! I'm 15 yo and I've been losing weight for some time now. I'm 5.10 and weigh 77kg. I started in May cutting down loads of unnecessary carbs and I lost 2kg with no exercise. It is now July and since mid June I started once again to eat bad stuff. Meanwhile I got a heavy bag, rope and some weights and I got inspired again. I started swimming 3 times per week and doing some rounds in the bag, along with some weight exercises. I need to eat a lot to be able to do all of this, so what to do you advise me to eat, in general? Also, do you think I'm overexercising?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Weight Loss Training

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Notorious, good to talk to you.

To be honest as long as you're exercising for 30-60 minutes 5 times a week and not more than that, so 5 hours max, then you should be fine as far as frequency is concerned.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
notoriousferro
STARTING OUT

Post by notoriousferro »

I'm currently working on a restaurant, so I have breakfast at 11:30AM, usually scrambled eggs with a whole wheat toast and coffee, at lunch I really can't choose what I eat because I stay in the restaurant until 2pm. As for dinner, it varies, I try to eat lean meats and fish with some vegetables.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Not bad but you could incorporate some snack options in the mid morning, mid afternoon and mid evening like microwave soups, baked beans and rice dishes, oat granola's, ham, turkey, beef, pork and chicken from a packet, low fat cheese, low sugar yoghurt, flax seeds, nuts, peanuts, fruits including tomatoes and cucumber, vegetables including pineapple, raw carrot and celery sticks, pre-boiled eggs, pre-cooked chicken breast and low fat yoghurt, nuts and peanuts, bread, sandwiches.
Ashy123
STARTING OUT

Post by Ashy123 »

It sounds like you might not be eating enough. Try to get in 5 small meals a day (or in your case 2-3 meals and 2-3 snacks). Some convenient meal/snack options include: microwave rice cups, canned tuna, protein bars, fruit, veggies (cucumbers, carrots etc) with dip, air popped popcorn, nut butter with wholemeal bread.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Ashy123 wrote:fruit, veggies (cucumbers, carrots etc)
Although as mentioned in post cucumbers are actually fruits as they have seeds in them.

Just pointing that out in case anyone got confused about that aspect of your post.
Ashy123
STARTING OUT

Post by Ashy123 »

Boss Man wrote:
Ashy123 wrote:fruit, veggies (cucumbers, carrots etc)
Although as mentioned in post cucumbers are actually fruits as they have seeds in them.

Just pointing that out in case anyone got confused about that aspect of your post.
haha yes indeed they are! I guess most people use them as vegetables though :)
raygentry
STARTING OUT

Post by raygentry »

If you don't want to control your diet then eat healthy food only. You only need to avoid fat rich food. Make a diet chart by fitness coach and follow it.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Not true. Too much carbohydrate can be stored as fat because it is unused energy and as for fat rich food, that's fine if it's stuff with too much saturate and certainly hydrogenate and trans fat, but fat rich food containing monounsaturates and polyunsaturates should not be advised against, unless there was some medical concern surrounding it, but then a doctor would be best placed to comment on that with the any individual in question.
raygentry
STARTING OUT

Post by raygentry »

Boss Man wrote:Not true. Too much carbohydrate can be stored as fat because it is unused energy and as for fat rich food, that's fine if it's stuff with too much saturate and certainly hydrogenate and trans fat, but fat rich food containing monounsaturates and polyunsaturates should not be advised against, unless there was some medical concern surrounding it, but then a doctor would be best placed to comment on that with the any individual in question.

I am talking about nutrition supplements that you need to take as suggested by fitness coach or dietitian. Eat according to calorie limit. It will give good output.