Why is wife having difficulties losing weight?

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

clem24
STARTING OUT

Why is wife having difficulties losing weight?

Post by clem24 »

Hi everyone. I am new here but I think your suggestions and contributions will be of help to me. wife had been doing all she can to lose weight for the past 3 months but nothing seems to workout. She has reduced her cravings and sometimes do the necessary exercises but with very little or no result. She exercises at least 4 times a week, which I think is okay. Only we did some blood sugar test and I compared her sugar level with the readings I see on the blood sugar level chart only to discover she was having high blood sugar. I want to know if high blood sugar can prevent someone from losing weight or is it something else?
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Re: Why is wife having difficulties losing weight?

Post by Fitafter50 »

understanding is that high blood sugar can interfere with weight loss because it stimulates your body to produce the hormone insulin, which, along with clearing the excess sugar out of your blood, signals your body to store fat.
FunRun23
STARTING OUT

Post by FunRun23 »

You're right, insulin triggers fat cells to take in glucose, which is sugar. They do this to be used as energy or to be stored as fat, if you don't use the excess glucose as energy then it will be stored as fat. Here is the resource I used for this, https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-re ... ke-glucose

Hopefully this helps a little bit, you may want to try and reduce the amount of sugar she is taking into her body and see what happens after that. It might help.
raygentry
STARTING OUT

Post by raygentry »

Diabetes mainly effects joints of body. So workout is necessary. Join any fitness program where fitness coach will guide about what to eat and which exercises will be beneficial. :clap:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

What makes you think diabetes affects the joints, it's a problem with the bodies ability to produce insulin and there affects how your body utilises carbs and stores fat and can cause issues with weight and lethargy. I think I'd like you to show me some credible evidence it affects joints.

I think you might be confusing it with arthritis.

I have a relative who has diabetes type one and they have never said it affects their joints in any way and they are also a medically qualified person.
Rippedjym
STARTING OUT

Post by Rippedjym »

If you hand lower carbohydrates in your daily food you will get your self in to Ketosis faster . I bet your wife is consuming to many carbs in a weekly basis