24-Year-Old needing to lose weight

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Ju3t1ce
STARTING OUT

24-Year-Old needing to lose weight

Post by Ju3t1ce »

Hey all,

I'm a 24-Year-Old , I am a little overweight and I'm looking to change life around. In the coming years, I plan on becoming a State Trooper and well being a cop requires being in good physical shape. If anyone could give me some pointers on what exercise I should be doing daily and what I should be eating on a daily basis. Anything helps! To the reason why I'm overweight is caused when I was a kid I've gotten stuck into computers, whereas now I create software and websites for people (freelance work) and I just don't feel up to it to do exercise.

The State Police I'm wanting to join minimum requirements are as follows:

Thanks all!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: 24-Year-Old needing to lose weight

Post by Boss Man »

Hey Ju3t1ce, good to talk to you.

Do you do any exercise currently and if so what is it? Although I appreciate it seems likely you don't.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
AlexReaderFitness
STARTING OUT

Post by AlexReaderFitness »

Hey,

That's great. Since you wanna be a state trooper, doing a foundation of bodyweight exercise and cardio is going to be the main thing. You will need both to get in. You should create a programme of simple bodyweight exercise like press ups, sit ups, squats etc. You can also try mixing these in with some cardio exercises like star jumps and burpees to get your heart rate up. Overall this will help your fitness level towards becoming a state trooper! Nutrition wise it's a good start to work out your calorie requirements and then go from there :) I understand that's all a bit vague but more information about your current lifestyle would help to give better recommendations. You are right having a desk based job doesn't help in terms of getting in your physical activity and good snacking habits, you can certainly work around that.

Best of luck getting in,
Alex Reader MSc
raygentry
STARTING OUT

Post by raygentry »

Ok if you can' t go out for exercise then you can join any weight loss program where fitness coach will be provided for diet chart and some basic workout activities. You will be in shape again in less time and give your best in cop trials.