Who Knows About the BMR Calculator?

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

clem24
STARTING OUT

Who Knows About the BMR Calculator?

Post by clem24 »

Hi guys, I came across a BMR calculator. From what I know, BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is the amount of calories the body burns every single day just to keep some vital operations going on. Can anyone please check to see if its something you understand or suggest another way to calculate basal metabolic rate? Thanks in advance.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Who Knows About the BMR Calculator?

Post by Boss Man »

I would not be aiming for BMR on calories anyway and if you were trying to lose weight or bulk up, then a BMR intake per day would not really help you do either very well.

Also aiming for BMR could potentially cause you to slightly under-eat one several days of the week, as you need to remember that especially in relation to things like carbs and fat, cooked food will have reduced levels of one or both of those compared to uncooked food and what levels of both exist in the food source when uncooked.

As a reasonable guide, sedentary males are recommended to have a caloric intake of 2,000 a day, with a 70g, or 630 calorie daily limit on fats, with 20g or 180 calories a day being a limit for saturates.