Weight Loss Nutrition Help - How Many Calories?

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: Boss Man, cassiegose

Mx3
STARTING OUT

Weight Loss Nutrition Help - How Many Calories?

Postby Mx3 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:31 am

I was hoping someone could help me work out how many calories I should be consuming per day for weight loss.

I'm waking up in the morning and doing an hours cardio 5-6 times a week. Not necessarily running flat out on the tread mill, but sometimes HIIT, jogging, or just walking. Then I do an hour of weights in the later afternoon 4-5 times a week. I work on a computer 6-7 days a week so my lifestyle is very sedentary otherwise.

I did a BMI test and it suggested daily calorie intake should be 2815 kcals per day. I tracked a day or two of eating and really had to push to get past 1500 and up near 2000. I usually only eat twice a day. I've added protein powder in to help.

I plan to lose 10-15kg in total.

Results from the test are in image below

Thanks

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Weight Loss Nutrition Help - How Many Calories?

Postby Boss Man » Sun May 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Hi Mx3, good to speak to you.

I don't think you need as many calories as the testing shows and I don't know why they needed to list some of the caloric expenditure's relating to sport, such as Japanese fencing and gateball, as most people probably wouldn't do such things as a casual thing anyway.

I'm also not sure what that Inbody score is as I've never heard of that before.

Anyway, this is an eating system I have given other people before so hopefully it should help you as well.

Breakfast

Option 1.

Bowl of Whole-grain Cereal and 1 rasher of Bacon, fat trimmed off and scrambled Eggs, (2 Egg Whites + Yolk)

Option 2.

Protein shake, small portion of Nuts, (excluding higher carb ones like Cashews, Chestnuts and Grapenuts), + Apple. Give the Apple 10-15 minutes to digest to improve digestion.

Snack

Option 1.

Portion of Turkey + Orange

Option 2.

Small Portion of Peanuts, some Chicken + Raw Carrott.

Lunch

Option 1.

Large Beef Sandwich with trimmings, I.E. Tomato, Lettuce, Cucumber etc.

Option 2.

Bowl of Chicken Soup, + Pot of yoghurt.

Snack

Option 1.

Turkey + Cashews

Option 2.

Ham + 2 large Tomatos

Dinner

Option 1.

Pork with mashed Potato.

Option 2.

Chicken and Rice

Option 3.

100g Halibut + Broccoli

Snack

Option 1.

Beans on Toast

Option 2.

Ham Sandwich, no trimmings.

Easy on the bread with both options.

You could add a few things to certain meals, like Sea Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, Parsley, Mustard, Herbs, Garlic.

Mx3
STARTING OUT

Postby Mx3 » Sun May 06, 2018 6:07 pm

Hey, appreciate the eating system. Unfortunately I don't cook or shop any more. Everything is ordered. Luckily there are some healthy shops that deliver and not to expensive where I live. They even come with the total calories and macro break down. Can you recommend what calories I should be aiming for?

I'm in Asia so that's probably why those sport options are listed :funny:

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Postby Boss Man » Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 pm

I'd suggest your calories need only be around 2,200-2,500.

Why do you not cook or shop anymore?

Mx3
STARTING OUT

Postby Mx3 » Sun May 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Thanks. Basically, I work from home & far too much. Anywhere up to 12 hours a day. I just don't have time and food is cheap here anyway. It's also good to get out and eat at different places and have a break from it all.

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Postby Boss Man » Mon May 07, 2018 6:07 am

Here are some snack / main meal options that might work for you like microwave soups, baked beans and rice dishes, oat granola's, ham, turkey, beef, pork and chicken from a packet, low fat cheese, low sugar yoghurt, flax seeds, nuts, peanuts, fruits including tomatoes and cucumber, vegetables including pineapple, raw carrot and celery sticks, pre-boiled eggs, pre-cooked chicken breast and low fat yoghurt, nuts and peanuts, bread, sandwiches.

Some of those are actual snacks / meals and some you would combine to make a snack, but I'm sure you'll work out which are which :).

Mx3
STARTING OUT

Postby Mx3 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:30 am

Thanks for the tips again. I was able to hit 2100 cal's today. :clap:

Will keep aiming for this target and see how I feel in a couple of weeks.

CecilieT
STARTING OUT

Postby CecilieT » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:18 am

Mx3 wrote:I was hoping someone could help me work out how many calories I should be consuming per day for weight loss.

I'm waking up in the morning and doing an hours cardio 5-6 times a week. Not necessarily running flat out on the tread mill, but sometimes HIIT, jogging, or just walking. Then I do an hour of weights in the later afternoon 4-5 times a week. I work on a computer 6-7 days a week so my lifestyle is very sedentary otherwise.

I did a BMI test and it suggested daily calorie intake should be 2815 kcals per day. I tracked a day or two of eating and really had to push to get past 1500 and up near 2000. I usually only eat twice a day. I've added protein powder in to help.

I plan to lose 10-15kg in total.

Results from the test are in image below

Thanks

In basic you lose weight when eating less than your daily need of calories. So I think you are on your way to great improvements. I'm 174 cm high and weight 75 kilo. If I want to keep my weight I should eat about 2.900 calories a day.

Looking forward to follow your progress :clap:

Return to “Weight Loss/Fat Loss”