I Want to lose 30lbs in 30 days

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

myiysis
STARTING OUT

I Want to lose 30lbs in 30 days

Post by myiysis »

I am currently 5'3 and 335lbs, I gained about 100 pound in 2 1/2 years alot of that having to do with meds for bipolar. I really want to get this summer off at the right pace. I am a stay at home mom so I have all day to exercise, it's just not as easy as it used to be. I really need some help figuring out where I should start. I would like to stay on a fairly specific diet and exercise plan, thats if I can find one thats works. I have been big whole life, but went on quite a few starvation diets and went from (age 15) 180lbs (age 16) 135 (age 17) 220lbs (age 17) 190 (age 18) 265 (age 20) 210 (age 21) 215 (Pregnancy age 22) 265 (after birth 22) 240 (age 24) 220 (NOW age 26) :cry:
musculargirl
VETERAN

Re: I Want to lose 30lbs in 30 days

Post by musculargirl »

I can't give you advice on weight loss but i just wanted to say welcome to the site!! Its very supportive and informative website. :)
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

myiysis wrote:I am currently 5'3 and 335lbs, I gained about 100 pound in 2 1/2 years alot of that having to do with meds for bipolar. I really want to get this summer off at the right pace. I am a stay at home mom so I have all day to exercise, it's just not as easy as it used to be. I really need some help figuring out where I should start. I would like to stay on a fairly specific diet and exercise plan, thats if I can find one thats works. I have been big whole life, but went on quite a few starvation diets and went from (age 15) 180lbs (age 16) 135 (age 17) 220lbs (age 17) 190 (age 18) 265 (age 20) 210 (age 21) 215 (Pregnancy age 22) 265 (after birth 22) 240 (age 24) 220 (NOW age 26) :cry:
Hey there. I relate to your story.

A bit more than a year ago I was given meds for depression/anxiety and I have gained 9kgs in one year(to some it may not be a lot, to me it was way more than I ever gained in life time)...I understand how frustrating it is to gain weight from meds, because they open up your appetite or around your hormones.

I suggest you start with little changes, make small goals. Just about 4 months ago, i literally did nothing but sit on on bed and eat...eat...eat. One day I just realized how much I hated the way I've become. So goal was to start moving. Just get out of bed, move...Then I incorporated healthier meals...with some exercises...After one month, I was moving a lot more than I was before. Most of meals are healthy on daily basis, and exercise is just a part of day, and not something "I have to do".

I'm not an expert, but the basic idea is to

1) Incorporate weight training in your exercise program 2-3 times a week
2) Incorporate Cardio (3-4X a week). Start slow, 10 minutes walk or around the block or even in a mall, then add on every week or every time. Until you're able to do 30 minutes of Brisk walking....then jogging...or any type of cardio you prefer. Personally I don't like treadmills/bikes...etc. But I enjoy bodycombat classes/boxing It's much more fun to me.
3) Eat smaller 6 meals a day instead of 2-3 (make sure to include lean protein in each)
4) drink enough water.

I'm sure someone else with more experience will help you out. But since I relate to your story.... advice is to make little changes. figure what is the problem?
cassiegose
VETERAN

Post by cassiegose »

Hi there,

I would be happy to help with the diet and exercise portion but theres no way that I will help you to lose 30 lbs in 30 days. I'm sorry but theres just no healthy way to lose that much weight that quickly. Let me ask you something... Did you gain that 30 pounds in 30 days? I'm assuming no.... Trying to lose that much weight that quickly is not the healthy way to go about it. Plus, even if you did lose that much weight that quickly I can almost guarentee that you would put it back on becuase you would be so tired/hungry/exhausted after losing that weight that you wouldn't want to continue on the extreme program that you had begun. Instead, why don't we develop a HEALTHY plan that will work for you and that you can maintain for the rest of your life... in other words... lets make some lifestyle changes so that you can lose the weight in a healthy manner and keep it off. Deal? If that works for you post what youre currently doing for diet and exercise and we'll go from there.

Cassie
axemurderer
STARTING OUT

Post by axemurderer »

well knowing what i know about weightloss if i were in your situation i would start walking/power walking 30-45 minutes a day 4-5 times a week and follow a healthy diet plan. when you get to a more comfortable weight start doing other exercises instead of just walking. i can tell by your weight and height that you'll lose alot of weight within the first few weeks extremely fast. as you start reaching your ideal weight it'll begin to get harder to lose the fat but so will your workouts. the first month is always the hardest mentally but as time goes on it'll get easier trust me.

tips:
-stay motivated. find things to inspire you to keep working hard
-keep making new deadlines for the amount of weight you want to lose within that time.
-only 1 cheat day! and stay away from soda its poisen learn to love water
-get support from family and friends
-dont expect to lose it all in a few weeks
-you dont have to kill yourself to lose weight especially if you're barely starting out. im more then sure a healthy diet and 30-45minutes of walking 4-5times a week for you is good for now
-never ever ever give up!

"the mind always fails first not the body, the secret is to make the mind work for you, not against you."