embarrasing question

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculargirl
VETERAN

embarrasing question

Post by musculargirl »

this is an embarrasing topic but I have a receding hairline and i am a woman. I'm not sure why its recedining. Could it be cuz i am muscular for a girl and i have more testerone than most girls?? or is it Heriditary, or a med i take, or because i have chemical straighteners done to hair. I guess its more common than most people would think.

mom also has a little thinning in the same area as me but hers didn't show up till she was in her sixties. I'm 35? Mine right now isin't so bad, its not real noticeable but i shudder to think what it will look like when i'm 40.

Do you think swimming if i wear a cap will make me lose hair more rapidly? I'm a little worried about that. Since hair is already processed and then to add chlorine on top of it 2 or 3 times a week. :cry: :(
Last edited by musculargirl on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: embarrasing question

Post by Boss Man »

I concur on the medication. I doubt it would be a problem with your hair from Chlorine exposure when swimming.
Wiggles77
STARTING OUT

Re: embarrasing question

Post by Wiggles77 »

HI there-

One thing you might want to look into is stress... do you experience alot of daily stress? That is a big cause of hair loss.