are steam rooms good for your skin?

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculargirl
VETERAN

are steam rooms good for your skin?

Post by musculargirl »

I would think they would be. Wouldn't they open up your pores and be good in that way? Is that what they are used for? I'm really ignorant on the benefits of steam rooms and saunas.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: are steam rooms good for your skin?

Post by fitoverforty »

http://www.steam-sauna-benefits.com/ste ... efits.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yes, I think they can be good for alot of things, BUT you have to be careful on how long you stay. I've read anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes. Some things I've read say to take a cold shower afterwards to bring down body temperature. Make sure you are well hydrated before and after.

Do some research on them, there are alot of opinions out there, pros and cons, etc.

They have one at gym - I used it once or twice, but it's not really thing. I'd rather sweat thru exercise. :D
musculargirl
VETERAN

Re: are steam rooms good for your skin?

Post by musculargirl »

Thanks for the info. :) I just like the idea of using a cleanser after i use the steam room to clean out pores, just after i go swimming a couple times a week. I've never really been a big fan of steam rooms either, but i think i may start using them more often for 5 minutes or so. I hate pores. :evil: I will see if it helps.