Acne

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ChoYongGi
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Acne

Post by ChoYongGi »

Anyone know how to get the acne off your face and body fast???
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

Did you read the article I posted above?
Might help.
d.
sassygirl
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by sassygirl »

great article Diana...Everyone that suffers with acne should read it.
From personal experience.......cutting out prcoessed...chemical....or hormone filled foods helps the skin. Milk.....believe it or not...was one of biggest problems.....within about 2 wks of chaning to fat free ORGANIC milk... skin was about 85% clear...better than it had ever looked. Cutting fast and fried foods helps tons too.

Not real big on any chemicals really.....for spot treatment......for myself and kids...i mix a few essential oils together.

this combination is anti......viral..bacterial....fungal....and inflammatory
mix in 2 ounces of a good veg..or nut oil...i use grapeseed
5 drops each
lavender
white camphor
tea tree
lemongrass

all of this can be purchased at a natural health store or online for under $20.00

Best of Luck!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

At your age the most likely reason. That and overactive Sebaceous Glands, which release skin grease, If I remember correctly called Sebum.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Life, experience, sometimes being nosey, asking questions occasionally, TV, oh and using Ears sometimes :wink:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It won't. Things like that aren't designed to have such after effects.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Scarring is a tearing in collagen, not skin or muscle, so it's more diffiult to recitify, but you can by products that over time alieviate the appearance of scarring.
ChoYongGi
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by ChoYongGi »

thank you katie =)
amateur
STARTING OUT

Post by amateur »

If you have Acne problems go on a medication called "Roaccutane." it's not any of that herbal crap, it's some serious stuff. Take it during the winter when you're not in the sun as often as it dries your skin up, and gets you dry eyes.

I'm almost finished roaccutance prescriptions, and in 5 months terrible acne and bacne (back acne) is gone. Atleast look into it. Although it might only be available in australia...
sassygirl
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by sassygirl »

please please please dont be so quick to jump on the chemical drug bus.

the active ingre. in your solution is isotretinoin...which is a dirivative of Vit. A

Do you realize that this is not given to women if they want to have children!.........due to malformations of the fetus.....one taking this cannot even donate blood for this risk

not to mention the depression...suicidal thoughts and psychotic behavior.

why do you think people with decreased liver function shouldnt take this stuff...oh ...just be careful!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Pity you can't just do a patch up job. Sandpaper the blighters off, then put some teeny tiny plasters over the area for 24 hours, to stop the bleeding, and then hopefully look a bit better.

Though I don't reccomend that at all. Not from experience, just common sense.

I'd agree about the drug angle. There's got to be better ways than using pills, to correct a skin problem like that.
sassygirl
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by sassygirl »

dont be so sure about that...i am not saying everyone is the same and reacts as quickly...but i mixed up a few oils for a kid at achurch and within 2 wks there was a very noticable difference

what ever you choose to do..please look into it first,,,be safe and good luck
darius3000
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by darius3000 »

I'm 35 and remember how debilitating acne was for me from the ages of 15-18. I used it as an excuse to withdraw from life. I lost a lot of time being a prisoner to acne.

In college, I finally found a great doctor near school who prescribed me Tetracycline and it did the trick. Totally cleared it up. I was amazed.
poor mom paid a lot of money trying to help me with it. She never gave up on me.

Today I have great skin and minimal scarring. skin looks great, even though I struggled with it.

I'm thankful i did not go on any of the controversial drugs like Accutane that have been linked to some pretty serious diseases.
MichelleRichard
STARTING OUT

Post by MichelleRichard »

Dalton85 wrote:5 months seems like an awfully long time to wait....

im going to the dermatologist tomorrow the 1st..which is tomorrow i think..haha wow..

but yeah we'll see what a professional has to say
Professional advice is always the best... But dermatologist always charge more and the prescribed medicine or treatment is always scary... I had been to a dermatologist recently as I have moles on body, he suggested for mole removal surgery in which he will burn the moles or remove them and leave a stitch the skin... :roll: