Frustration!

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

kcmcp20
STARTING OUT

Frustration!

Post by kcmcp20 »

Hi!
I just joined this forum and I'm really hoping it will help! I am an 18 (soon to be 19) year old female. I was born tall and skinny and have been for many years but over the years I started to fill out more, but by no means am i overweight. I am just unsatisfied with how I look and I think with certain changes and dedication, I could get the body I want. I used to go to the gym everyday and look forward to it so much, but since coming to college, I have been so unmotivated and really just dread going to the gym and working out. It is also so hard to eat healthy here because options are so limited and I'm a broke college kid living in a dorm. When I do go to the gym, I usually do what I know how to do, but I get so frustrated because never have i seen results. I know it takes consistent effort with working out and eating healthy and with half attempts results don't come. I guess i am just in this cycle of being unmotivated to go to the gym and eventually being motivated but then getting frustrated when I get there causing me to lose motivation. It is definitely a cycle I am trying to forever break.

I just need advice on a workout routine that will really tone me up (especially the waist/core area) and any possible advice on how to attempt to eat healthy in college.
We have a beautiful gym here with so much equipment, I just don't want to be that person improperly using it.

Thank you so much!!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Frustration!

Post by Boss Man »

Hi there KC, good to speak with you.

Firstly I want to say WELL DONE for choosing to live how you do, because many people your age are beginning to throw their lives away on drink, drugs, crime etc, or at least many may have respectable lives, but don't strive for more physically, so you deserve to be proud of your choices and I feel proud of you for them too :).

This is something that might work for you, as I have posted it before

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bench press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

In relation to the training ideas I gave you above, your workouts and cardio schedule could look something like this.

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Cardio

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Cardio

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off.

This prevents you doing 5 days straight and 2 days of nothing, as I think that's allowing too much consecutive taxation and 2 days of your body doing nothing, slowly starting to adjust to it, before 5 days of grind again, which might take the edge off progress potential, so the 5 split days should be better for you.

The cardio could be anything you want.

After around 4-6 weeks, you should be ready to hit the weights harder and push your body a bit more in a progressive way :).

It's every females right to be stronger and fitter if they want, no matter what small percentage of males disagree and whatever ignorance about female strength some males and females somehow come to believe, the fact is, weightlifting works when you do beneficial exercises, executed properly and you don't use too much weight and don't spend ages and ages every time doing it I:E 2 hour weights workouts versus 70 minutes or less and it doesn't make you look freakish, ugly, manly etc, because in many, many instances it increase a females beauty and confidence and gives you a body you can keep caring for for the rest of your life, that will be better ale to cope with the aging process :).

Whatever you need to help you achieve, we as a community will stand by you all the way if that's what you want and whenever you want to update us please do, because we always like to hear how people get on and if anything else in your life starts to get in the way of your motivation like personal stuff, we are always here to try and talk people through the emotional and mental stuff too, because a healthy emotional outlook on life can help to promote a better level of dedication to exercise

I hope I may have been of some help to you

GOOD LUCK and best wishes.

:thumb:
kcmcp20
STARTING OUT

Post by kcmcp20 »

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! :D :D
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

I bet you could always ask someone for help at your gym. Most people are happy to help!