Work a lot and looking for suggestions for a simple workout plan

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bogezzus
STARTING OUT

Work a lot and looking for suggestions for a simple workout plan

Post by Bogezzus »

So I work two jobs so I don't typically have a great deal of time to exercise every day. I'm looking for suggestions on a simple work out session. So far I'm probably going to run for about 30 minutes or so every day after work on the treadmill, then I was thinkING about alternating between core such as ab ripper x or just sets of push ups/crunches/pull ups and then the next day dumbell weight training. Any ideas on how I could improve upon this or just better ideas in? thanks in advance!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Work a lot and looking for suggestions for a simple workout plan

Post by Boss Man »

Well if you can access weights in the gym, you could do this.

As for the training you could do a schedule something like this.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bench Press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

You would do that 3x a week every other day.

In relation to what to use, go for the second smallest barbell on the squats and deadlifts and the smallest on bent over rows.

Use the second smallest dumbbells on bench press and lunges and the smallest ones on shrugs.

Then every 2 weeks increase the weight a little bit and then after around 6 weeks, you'll be ready to lift close to max lifting for reps, bearing in mind you don't need to do failure training, as it's not necessary and wastes more energy.

This is how your schedule could look per week

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Cardio

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Cardio

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off.

This prevents you doing 5 days straight and 2 days of nothing, as I think that's allowing too much consecutive taxation and 2 days of your body doing nothing, slowly starting to adjust to it, before 5 days of grind again, which might take the edge off progress potential, so the 5 split days should be better for you.

The cardio would be better as exercise bike stuff, as you're getting limited taxation on the muscles you've worked.

However if this schedule is not suitable it can be addressed and tweaked, hopefully to suit :).
Bogezzus
STARTING OUT

Re: Work a lot and looking for suggestions for a simple workout plan

Post by Bogezzus »

I'm definitely going to try this out. Thank you!