"2 days rest"

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

backcountrysage
STARTING OUT

"2 days rest"

Post by backcountrysage »

I'm new to the forums here but have a question about what I've been reading so far. I've seen a lot of comments about getting a full "2 day rest" from working out. While I "work out" a lot, very little of it is in a gym or specifically about strength training. I do a lot of bouldering (rock climbing), horseback riding, trail running, dance classes, hiking, and tend to find myself in a solid sweat just about every day...does this kind of working out still require a full 2-days off? I usually work physical labor jobs and I always felt like a 6 day week at 15 hours a day of hard labor was a "workout", but managed it with minimal time off to no time off. Was this unhealthy?

Is there a difference between strength or weight training in a gym that requires these full 2 days versus an activity such as riding? I try to ride 6-7 days a week in addition to the above workout, but certainly don't want to be damaging body...advice?