Hello, I'm new and need help!

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

CrazyMoe
STARTING OUT

Hello, I'm new and need help!

Post by CrazyMoe »

Hello everyone. name is Moe and I've been wanting to lose a bit more bf% so abs can show properly. I've never, ever, in life lifted any weights whatsoever. The only thing i used to do is push-ups, set-ups, and squats during Martial Arts session which I've been practicing for 5 years. Although, i did quit around a couple of months ago due to the opportunity of becoming a soccer player came up. So what I'm trying to do here is to understand different ways of how can I lose BF% and also gain more muscles to allow body to be fit.

Here's some info and pics of me:

Height: 5"7
Weight: 160.6 lbs(pounds) ----- 73 KG(Kilograms)
BMI: 25.1 kg/m
BF%: 12.5%
Image Image
Image Image

As you can see in the 2nd bottom picture, i have a little bit of fat around button area. I'm trying to get rid of that so should i add cardio training every other day to workout (I'm starting today).

Workout atm:
Day 1: Biceps/Chest
Day 2: Rest
Day 2: Triceps/Back
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Shoulders/Thighs/Legs
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Football Academy
I take breaks between those 3 days, so should i add the cardio training (if needed, since i dunno what to do) in those break days. workout will be like this:
Day 1: Biceps/Chest
Day 2: Cardio
Day 3: Triceps/Back
Day 4: rest
Day 5: Shoulders/Thighs/Legs
Day 6: Cardio
Day 7: Football Academy

-- Just a heads-up: What I need is a workout which will kill that fat without having to diet. The reason is because there is no way in the world mom is going to let me have protein shakes, or change the food around the house. usual food is this:
Breakfast: Eggs, bread, and cheese.
Lunch: It depends on mom. It;s either chicken and rice (Sometimes), meat and rice (Sometimes), shrimp and rice (Rarely), or fish and rice (Most common).
Dinner: Pasta, chineese, vegi soup, or burgers/chicken strips. --
quickabs
STARTING OUT

Re: Hello, I'm new and need help!

Post by quickabs »

Hi Moe!

I know you don't want to change your diet too much, but your diet has as much of an effect on your abs as your workout. But fear not, you can make small changes to your current diet to get the results you're looking for...

First, be sure to eat plenty of fiber. For breakfast, be sure to eat whole-grain bread and low-fat cheese. Your lunch seems decent; just make sure you're eating lean meats (minimize the red meat). For dinner, eat whole-grain pasta, and try to reduce the number of burgers you're eating -- or try to get your mom to buy turkey burgers.

You should definitely add cardio to your work out -- at least 30 minutes in your ideal heart rate. And add ab exercises into your back days. A few great ab exercises include the Bicycle Maneuver, Captain's Chair, and Plank.

I've also written more about these topics on blog: http://quickabsblog.com
CrazyMoe
STARTING OUT

Post by CrazyMoe »

Oh man that was awesome, thanks for the tips. I'm guessing i'll cut a bit on the burgers and change breakfast a lil bit.

OH and I forgot to mention that i actually do abs exercise after each of workouts every other day.
CrazyMoe
STARTING OUT

Post by CrazyMoe »

Hi, can i please get some more opinions and ideas since I'm starting gym this week ;)
LittlePinky82
STARTING OUT

Post by LittlePinky82 »

CrazyMoe wrote:Oh man that was awesome, thanks for the tips. I'm guessing i'll cut a bit on the burgers and change breakfast a lil bit.

OH and I forgot to mention that i actually do abs exercise after each of workouts every other day.
I think it depends. On another forum I used to go on there was a health section and people had diaries and stuff and one guy was wanting to get more abs. He was a pretty skinny guy. He was drinking protein shakes and some people who did their own plans ate more food and one person I remember ate whatever. So I guess it just depends on the person. Maybe try looking at Youtube video's or find body building website's or something. I guess there are different ways of doing things. Check out Jay Johnson. He has a boot camp dvd you can buy. They do come separately if you don't want to buy the more pricey one (I saw on Target's site some of his dvd's from the boot camp sold separately). One girl on there has awesome abs. Nothing big or anything but they're nice for someone who looks like she's in her 30s I'd say (maybe 33-35 range?) shrug. He has some good muscles too but of course he's a military guy (former) so he's gotten them over the yrs. But check him out though! I've seen results from him for sure. abs area is a lot flatter now days thanks to his abs video. :)
CrazyMoe
STARTING OUT

Post by CrazyMoe »

I don't think I even have any visible abs. I talked to gym trainer and he told me that i actually do have shit load of abs in stomach region although it's covered with a little bit of fat (11.2% Bf now). He told me that the usual food in bahrain that we eat contains some sort of fats that are keeping stomach being what it is right now. I've seen really nutritious food with low-fat and stuff for dieting but its really expensive to buy for an everyday meal. I'm not sure what should i do.. head is spinning in 60 different directions.