Motivation for winter

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

happyhappy
STARTING OUT

Re: Motivation for winter

Post by happyhappy »

You know Devon then? I used to live not far from Exeter..
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Had family and still do in Devon. Plymouth mainly, but then an Uncle who moved close to Topsham.

There's something very unsettling about Exeter Motorway services, early in the morning, when you're confronted by a 20ft wide wall of Scrambled Eggs, with some kind of skin on them :P.
happyhappy
STARTING OUT

Post by happyhappy »

Oh Exeter motorway services how I miss the...used end up there back in the day after a night out in Torquay!
You'd have to take out second mortgage before you went there tho!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Fawlty Towers :wink:.

You know they Americans wanted to do Fawlty towers, but when Cleese was asked about it at the time, the Americans wanted to do it without the Basil character. Sacrilage!!.

I think in the end they didn't do it.

What would make you end up at a services after a night out. Did you get lost, or just need somewhere free to park, where you wouldn't disturb residents :P.
happyhappy
STARTING OUT

Post by happyhappy »

Que? :)

They have fawlty towers on BBC Canada and black adder, I think it's on every week.

friends mum used to work there, so we used to get a bite to eat on the way back, it was that or the jacket potato man, (sorry to disappoint) not sure why I ended up in Torquay tho!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You don't dissapoint.

When you say Jacket Potato man, do you mean Spud-u-like?
happyhappy
STARTING OUT

Post by happyhappy »

not spud-u-like.... Are they still around??

There used to be a man that stood outside with a BBQ thingy, with jacket potatoes on; he would serve them up with loads of butter and cheese.....last time I went out in Exeter there was a jacket potato man there too..perhaps it's a Devon thing?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Not familiar with that. I think Spud-u-like still exists.

I went there once and they served this Baked Beans a Sausage one, so I told them to put the Beans and a Sausage in the lid, so I effectively could have a meal, not just a load of stuff dumped together.

Thankfully they must have weighed the lid down, as they didn't catapault back into face :wink:

That may possibly be the only corporate takeaway fast food chain we have, that's never been American, except for possibly Wimpy.
happyhappy
STARTING OUT

Post by happyhappy »

It's January and -30 and slippery as hell....I'm so surprised that people manage to run outdoors..So you can still run in the depths of winter!