I need a new program - but im lost

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

skully
REGULAR

I need a new program - but im lost

Post by skully »

Having a lot to think about with graduation nearing, the idea of looking up a new program seems like a hassle to me, esp. that I don't know what's good for me and body type anymore. I strongly believe I am an ecto-mesmo (broad shoulders, yet narrow legs, small wrist..and yada yada) & comparing how I eat with an average human...yeah, I get away with a little , which can easily go byebye if I eat health(ier).

Either ways, I want to follow a program where I go on a bulking phase & then on a cutting phase with 4-6 weeks or the like, but I have no idea how to set it up myelf. current routine is...err failing me, body is just really used to it. I am still getting sore up to an extent, but I am actually bored of it. Need to mix things around for a while...I've been finding myself exercisng because I AM BORED. I am a couch potatoe (who exercises hard tho) again. eating is Okay though. Can do better, hate having the protein at nighttttttttt....ugh.

okay im ranting, sorry.

Any program ideas?

routine as follows: fyi cant go to gym on M/W

Friday - Legs
Deadlifts (sometimes sqauts, no spotter to do heavy)
Leg Press
Leg ext.
Leg curl
Standing calf raises
Seated cal raises
+ abs

Saturday - Chest/Tri
- Barbell bench press
- Dumbell incline press
- Chest press/flies
- Dumbell pullover
- Dips
- Tri pressdown

Sunday- Back/Bi
- Chin ups (as many as I can) + 1 set of close grip pull down
- Wide grip pull down
- Single arm dumbell row
- Seated rows
- Bent over barbell row
- Bicep curls
- If I eel like it, either hammer curls or barbell curls
+ abs

Monday - Off
(if bored, can't handle it go for a 30 mins round boxing) mostly not.

Tuesday:
Bodycombat (I still love this class one year later.) + abs

Wednesday - Off
or same as monday, either off or go boxing a bit

Thursday - Shoulders
- Military press
- Shoulder press machine
- Front lateral raies
- Side lateral raises
- inverted flys?
- uprightrow
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: I need a new program - but im lost

Post by Boss Man »

skully wrote:
Try these amended weights days.

Friday - Legs
Deadlifts (sometimes sqauts, no spotter to do heavy)
Leg Press
Dumbbell Squats, hands by the sides not shoulder height.
Lunges
Standing calf raises
Seated cal raises
+ abs

Saturday - Chest/Tri
- Dumbell Bench Press
- Dumbell incline press
- Peck Deck
- Skullcrushers
- Dips

Sunday- Back/Bi
- Pull ups (as many as I can) + 1 set of close grip pull down
- Upright Rows
- Seated rows
- E-Z Bar Curls
- Hammer Curls
+ abs

Thursday - Shoulders
- Front lateral raises
- Dumbell Shoulder Press
- Side lateral raises
You had too much rowing stuff in with the Biceps and a bit too much Leg work and shoulder stuff, which could have been causing you to plateau. Also Uprights are more for Traps not shoulders, hence why they've been moved.
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

Thanks Boss Man, I don't have access to E-Z bar in our gym, remember it's "too girly" hence all equipments are meant for a female audience sadly.

I'll be doing squats again as I move to the next gym as of tomorrow, would doing deadlifts still be okay ( i do heavy that's why, like 50-60kgs as per set)...I HATE lunges. I just can neve do them properly, and I think it's a waste doing 'em w/o weights or with light ones. Shall I replace with step ups?

Isn't doing 3 exercises for shoulders alone on a day a bit of waste? What kind of sets/reps should it be like?

program is usually like for first exercise 4x12/10/8/6 sort of thing. Then goes to either 3x8 or 2x12. for shoulders it's mostly 8-12 reps. Do you have recommedation for set/reps with the adjusted program?

How long should I go on a bulking phase then on a cutting phase? 4 weeks bulking? 2 cutting?
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

What do you think about this program?

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workou ... orphs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll be switching the days though, not sure how much will that affect?

Instead of Monday (Chest/tri) & Tue (Back/Bi) it will be moved to Sat/Sun

Monday - rest
Tueday- Cardio
Wednesday- Rest

Not sure if I switch Legs day with shoulder will make a difference? Since it's

Thur - Legs (quads, hams)
Friday - Shoulder + calves

Would it be stupid to switch those to Thur (Shoulder/calves) and Fri (legs?)

Thinking about doing this for a while then go back to old routine, which is the one above.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

So are you saying you intend to train from Thursday to Sunday, 4 days straight?
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

That's how I've bene training since university started (Sept 26) because I have no other option. I am stuck in uni from 9 a.m. till 6 p.m. and go home at 7 p.m. I truly have no energy on those days. It's a lot worse than working from 10-6 back in summer.
KMI17
STARTING OUT

Post by KMI17 »

I was having a similar problem with figuring out what workouts work and what to do. I really don't have a lot of time to try out every type of workout so i started going on youtube to see what other people were doing. There was a lot of good stuff on there and they tell you what works for them. I found this one video from FitTest Dummies. They were testing speedsacs. After the video they rate the workout. I thought this was really cool cause they tell you if it is worth it. They have other videos testing other workouts and i have found them all interesting. They are pretty entertaining too, you should check them out!
Kevsworld
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Kevsworld »

answer would depend, to a certain extent, on how long you have been training. If you've only been training for a year you may want to experiment with some full body routines--I think this is better for beginners wanting to put on mass.

It also depends on your goals. There's a program I sell on blog called "Triple Threat Muscle" wish is very good for building functional muscle strength (more for athletes, etc) and fat loss. It's also good if you are getting bored with the typical weight training routine.

Kevin
http://strongandfit.net