Need help with a workout considering workin conditions.

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Olgie
STARTING OUT

Need help with a workout considering workin conditions.

Post by Olgie »

Hi everyone.:)) I am new to this site and looking for real help, 'cause I am frustrated and don't know what to do.
Here is story. I came to America one year ago as an au-pair. Before, in home country, I used to be very fit, mostly cause I had a very busy lifestyle and I used to do all sort of sport activities, I mean not going to gym but tennis, basketball, volleyball and so on.
So I came here to take care of kids and due to change in food and lifestyle I started to gain weight and loose shape. I gain about 10 pounds first month:( 
I take care of a baby, so I am at home most of the time. I start in the morning and get off at 6 p.m.
I could've go to he gym after work but I don't have a car and any decent gym is too far away to walk to. Also host family is paying for the food, and I don't earn that much to buy own, so I eat what they eat, trying to monitor portion size.
shape got better during summer 'cause I was spending a lot of time with kids in a pool and I also used to go for a walk before going to bed. I am 6'1" and right now I am 154. I think weiht is normal for height( I lost about 10 pounds during summer) , but I need to shape myself up:) grow some muscles ... 
I need some ideas, advices about working out at home... Considering that only free time during the day is when the baby is napping( but I still need to stay in a house), 'cause any other time I am with her and it's work time so I can't do anything for myself:) I also can workout after 6 p.m but again, in a house...
I don't have any machines, only thing I can use is bodyweight and I also can buy some dumbells but that's about it:)
I really hope u can help me with a workout program and diet or just food advice. Thank u for ur help!

P.s. Sorry for mistakes, as I said I am from another country, so English is not naitve language, but I am trying best to learn it:)) 

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Need help with a workout considering workin conditions.

Post by Boss Man »

This is something I posted a while back.

3 minutes jogging on the spot.

Circuit 1.

1 x 45 seconds Squat Thrusts.

1 x 45 seconds, High Knees.

1 x 45 seconds Spotty Dogs

1 x 45 seconds Star Jumps

1 x 45 seconds Pendulum Swings.

1 x 45 seconds Burpees.

Including transitions, approximately 5 minutes for 1 circuit.

90 seconds rest

Circuit 2. Same circuit again, but 1 minute per exercise. Circuit time with transitions around 6.5 minutes.

90 seconds rest.

Repeat circuit 1.

3 minute warmdown, jogging on the spot.

Roughly 25 minutes in total.

Take the circuits at your own pace, but in future weeks, maybe after 2-3 weeks, you could increase your pace a little more, and see if you can handle it.

Only need 3 times a week on this, alternate days.

Anything you don't understand you can ask and myself or others can explain.

Also, what do you eat and what times do you eat?
Olgie
STARTING OUT

Post by Olgie »

Thank u Boss man so much for the work out) sounds good! Can u also suggest some home weightlifting excersises:) thanks
I usualy eat what host family cooks.
typical day will look like this:
cup of coffee, cereal and sometimes banana in the morning. I start with coffee and usually have breakfast around 9:30, can't do earlier cause I have to get kids ready for school.
lunch is around 12 o'clock usually- I usually have like a sandwitch with coldcuts and an apple. Or a chicken noodle cup, sometimes leftovers.
I have a snack around 4 - usually a yogurt or pretzels or special k bar... Sometimes I could be snacking the whole day, sometimes just this and it's enough.
Dinner time is usually somekinda pasta ot tacos or chicken or take outs..
That's about it:)
I am not a big breakfast eater, I skip it sometimes, I know it's not good, but that's what I am:)
any suggestions would be good, I will try to follow them)
thank so much:)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Olgie wrote: cup of coffee, cereal and sometimes banana in the morning. I start with coffee and usually have breakfast around 9:30

(Increase protein. Thigns like Eggs, Chicken, /Turkey Ham etc. Give the Banana 15 minutes to start digesting so the other food doesn't hinder it too much)

lunch is around 12 o'clock usually- I usually have like a sandwitch with coldcuts and an apple. Or a chicken noodle cup, sometimes leftovers.

(Same advice on the Apple, otherwise it all looks fine)

I have a snack around 4 - usually a yogurt or pretzels or special k bar... Sometimes I could be snacking the whole day, sometimes just this and it's enough.

(Have the Yoghurt, but have something else like a Sandwhich or something like that. This meal is too low calorie)

Dinner time is usually somekinda pasta ot tacos or chicken or take outs..

(That's not too bad).

(Have something else about 2-3 hours after dinner like Beans on Toast or Low Fat Cheese, or a Chicken Salad, something like that.)