Boxing Routine

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

skully
REGULAR

Boxing Routine

Post by skully »

Hey y'all.

Hope you're doing fine..

I am looking for someone to give me a basic, simple, with different punching combos for heavy bag punching. I know the basics, in the sense what a hook is, jab, uppercut...etc, but I don't know much about combos. Say about 5 rounds? excluding warm up and cool down ( which I do anyway).

Any suggestions would be great.
Sammel85
STARTING OUT

Re: Boxing Routine

Post by Sammel85 »

(I kept getting error pages too yesterday)

These are some of what I do for karate, so a few include legs - repeat all on the opposite side:

1) Left foot forward - Shift in, Left jab, Right straight punch, Shift out
2) Left foot forward - Shift in, Left jab, Right straight punch, Left hook, Right upper, Shift out
3) Left foot forward - Shift in, Left jab, Right hook (glance off the bag), Right back fist
4) Left foot forward - Shift in, Left jab, Right straight punch, grab the bag with both hands from the left, Right knee, Shift out
5) Left foot forward - Shift in, Left jab, Right straight punch, jump switch and grab bag with both hands from the right, Left knee, Shift out
6) Left foot forward - Shift in, Left jab, Right straight punch, Left hook (glance off bag), Right roundhouse kick, Shift out

Start off with about 5 each side and progress up to 10-20 on each side

There are lots more that I do, but they also involve kicking combinations such as double roundhouse kicks and round house to hook kick etc
Start off with a basic 'jab, punch' and work with the way your body turns to help you figure out the next move
Exaggerate the hip movement in hooks and uppers to create a better core workout
If you haven't done much heavy bag work before, I would suggest buying gloves with wrist support and gradually build up your intensity
Remain on the balls of your toes and keep moving ('shift in/out' means move in/out from to the bag)
skully
REGULAR

Re: Boxing Routine

Post by skully »

Wow. This is super awesome!

Will print it out & follow it. I personallly cannot go more than 30 minutes of boxing, with about 5-7 rounds really. I've been boxing for one year (but on own, like a complete amateure) but learnt the proper way to through punches etc. through "some sort of" a shadowboxing class called bodycombat. I had bag for 2 years. Used to use it for "anger" even hurt wrist, but I got all the gear afterwards, from wrist wraps and gloves.