P90X

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

tbreese823
STARTING OUT

P90X

Post by tbreese823 »

I'm about halfway through the p90x program and am loving the results already! I am a sahm of 4 kids and when youngest 2 started school (twins) I started Curves. It was convenient, close to home, and quick. It worked for a little bit but became very boring and I hit a plateau. I wanted something "extreme" and had heard so many great things about p90x so I ordered it for birthday and I really do like it. I wanted to challenge myself and this is doing it!
PuroRock327
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: P90X

Post by PuroRock327 »

Congrats. Glad you found something that works.
Although I would imagine it difficult to always have an opportunity to pop in a video.
How do you stay focused on it?

For me, there's nothing like going to a gym (I've even seen people there performing P90X).
HellsEdge
STARTING OUT

Post by HellsEdge »

I also started P90X and I am in 3rd week. Wow! I've never sweat that much, the first week was "Soreness from hell week" but I stick through it. I am doing it with brother and sister-in-law and that motivates me and them.

What I like about this program is that throughout the hour of the workout, you rarely do the same exercise. I never knew there were so many types of squats!! Working out 6 days a week seemed pretty hardcore for me but you never workout the same muscle group two days in a row. Like I said, the first week I was really sore, even with all the pre and post stretching. But now in the 3rd week, I'm only sore for a day or two.

So far, after 2 weeks on the program I have lost 3 pounds. Could be from water but I like to think it's from the program. I'll know in 2 months and 2 weeks when I am done.

Tbreese823, I challenge you to a duel!!! ;0) Let's finish this 3 months of pain and gain! 8)
jordy91
STARTING OUT

Post by jordy91 »

What is this??
HellsEdge
STARTING OUT

Post by HellsEdge »

Yup, the DVDs and the documents (the complete box) cost around 120$ to 130$ (canadian). And you do need either some free weights or resistance bands. A pullup bar is also recommended and pushup bars are optionnal but also recommended.

Like every workout program, you need to stick to it, 6 days a week for 90 days.

The week usually goes like this:

Day1:Chest/back/abs
Day 2:Plyometrics
Day 3:Shoulder/Arms/Abs
Day 4:Yoga X
Day 5:Legs/Abs
Day 6:KenpoX
Day 7: Rest

Rinse and repeat for 3 weeks. The 4th week is what the trainer calls a recovery week. Not there yet but from what I've seen, it's mainly core and cardio.

So far the only thing I don't really like is Yoga, mainly because I am not flexible at all and because gut is in the way :0( But the main point of this program is that if you do your best and you try to surpass your goals everytime, you will have results. So I stick to it, do the yoga "figures" I can do and modify those I can't.

Same thing for the other workout of the week. There are 3 guests with the trainer every workout, showing different ways to do the specific move.

I've seen many infomercials about easy and fast results. P90X tells you that it's going to be hard but you will see the results you put into it.

Do your best and forget the rest!

I'll keep you posted on results as the months go by if you want.